Chapter Four

*Before Sang went through portal.*

Dr. Green POV:

I was sitting at my desk within the castle, working on some paperwork that I needed to fill out for one of my patients. Owen was in the room with me, pacing as if something was bothering him.

"What's wrong, Owen? It seems as if something is on your mind.", I asked him quietly. "Nothing. For some reason, I feel as if something important is happening and I just can't determine what it is." he replied.

His words had me perturbed. Generally, Owen was a calm, cool and collected person who could easily evaluate his problems and find solutions to them quickly.

"Do you know where the boys are? I would like to conduct a family meeting." Owen said to me, breaking me out of my thoughts. "I am pretty sure that they are all in the gym, practicing.", I replied distantly while signing my signature on a document.

'At 6:00, family meeting in the great hall.', Owen's voice resonated in my head through the mind link that we nine dragon shifters shared.

'Okay, I'll be there.', Silas answered.

'Sounds good', Gabe replied.

Once everyone confirmed they could attend, Owen and I packed up and went to the great hall to meet the boys.

**********

Owen POV:

Once the boys all congregated to the family meeting room, I began to talk. "I am sure you are wondering why I called you all here.", I began. They nodded - since we had the mind link we did not really call everyone together often unless there was a problem.

"I have been getting the feeling that something is about to happen - something big. It might be something related to the Light of Creoso."

At this, everyone' s eyes widened. "Do you think he is going to come soon?", Gabe wondered, hesitantly.

"I have asked many male elders, and they all believe that the Light is going to appear within the next year. The one we were made to protect will appear." I replied. Before I even thought about bringing this up with the team I asked the elders of our world and looked through many books and manuscripts to verify the truth behind the statement.

"It is said when the Light of Creoso appears, the Dragons feel the well being and the directed thoughts of the Light - almost like a modified mind-link." I said.

At that moment, a giant, horrible phantom pain appeared in everyone's minds.

"It's the Light, and he must be in trouble.. We have to save him!! Go, now!!!!" I yelled, frantic to save the one person who could bring peace among our upturned nation and our team.

Dr. Green POV:

After Owen told us about the Light of Creoso, we were all shocked. There was a quiet moment where everyone was pondering his words, and then I felt this horrible pain that I realized wasn't mine spread throughout my body.

"It's the Light, and he must be in trouble.. We have to save him!! Go, now!!!!" I heard Owen yell frantically. Everyone rushed to the door going outside and burst out of it - North, Nathan and Gabe in the middle of shifting because they couldn't control their unusually strong instincts to protect.

Why am I feeling so protective, I asked myself. I knew that we were supposed to protect the man that was sent to settle our world but I also knew that the men of our world could take care of themselves with the advanced healing that all men of this world had and the martial arts training that was required by the King. Typically, I would expect to feel somewhat protective but not as strongly as what I was feeling now. Now, I feel like I could rip the head off of whoever did this to our charge and not have a single regret.