Chapter 3

The next morning you jumped out of bed.

"Now that I've thought about it this isn't fair. They can't keep me away from the guild just because Natsu can't control his hormones.", you told yourself looking in the mirror.

You brushed your hair and then decided to go to Fairy Tail.

About a block away from your guild you heard ferocious roars.

"That doesn't sound good...", you thought.

Ignoring your gut feeling to turn around, run to your house, and hide under your blankets, you stomped into the guild.

"(Y/n) I thought I told you to stay away from here!!!", Gajeel growled at you.

"It isn't fair to me just because Natsu is over the edge on hormones!"

"Yeah well you know what will happen if he gets out?"

"No, but he can't anyways."

"He might be able to because when a dragon slayers chosen mate is around them their abilities are increased. He can smell better, hear better, he is stronger, loses control easier, and can track better!"

"So."

Gajeel walked up to you and stared you right in the eyes.

"Look, we just want to protect you."

"From Natsu? He wouldn't hurt me...also why aren't you like him?"

"Oh since I have a mate already all that happens to me is I get a little more affectionate. And yes from Natsu."

"Why?"

"Look he hasn't ever had a mate that is three years worth of being unmated so he is bound to lose control and...and possibly kill you."

"Kill me?"

"Yes kill you. All those hormones it isn't a good thing. There's also a story about how one dragon slayer went four years without a mate and when found one he mated with her until her heart exploded."

You just gulped.

"I...I am going home..."

You ran as fast as possible. As you ran farther away you could hear Natsu yelling, saying things like you couldn't escape him and he would find you one day.

Curling up under your blankets in a ball you cried to your hearts content. You didn't want to die. You didn't want Natsu to kill you, he would end up killing himself if that happened probably.

"Why me?", you cried.