Chapter 2 ~ Decisions

Fixed 10.10.2017 2:05am

ACTUALLY Fixed - 04.03.2019

Edited-08/18/2020

Edited- 01/04/2022

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Swineheart had found a little orphanage for Y/n to stay. Although, Bigby had come to visit Y/n twice a week for the past 3 (going on 4) years. As of now, he was talking to Snow. "Bigby, are you sure? I mean, taking care of a child won't be easy. Not even that, she's a Mundy. It would go against everything we represent." It was risky, Bigby knew.

Raising a child would be challenging, especially since Bigby has no clue how he can be Y/n's adoptive father. He didn't even know the first step. Both Snow and Bigby stood in his office. He had his arms crossed over his chest while not looking directly at Snow. She had a point about the toddler.

As harsh it may be, Bigby has zero requirements. He is a Sheriff, meaning that he'll be doing paperwork and confront complaining residents or frequently, he'll get into fights. Y/n needs a full-time parent to play, teach, and feed her. There was no way in hell that Bigby would let Collin -a talking pig, mind you- babysit Y/n. He can picture the toddler running around the building, getting lost, hurt especially.

It's a mystery as to why Bigby would adopt Y/n at all. Snow exhaled a long sigh. He was determined to take care of her. Y/n has no idea what's going on. It's not her fault. "Maybe," Snow spoke, both hands on her hips, her head craned down, thinking, "wait for a few more years? She's almost four now, so maybe when she's 6 or 7. I know that you care about her, but we can't have a Mundy toddler running around the building." Snow glanced up at Bigby. He now made eye contact with her. He remains silent, but he nodded in agreement.

"And...If you are struggling to raise her, I'll lend a helping hand." For the first time in what seemed was 10 minutes, he finally spoke. "Thanks, Snow."

*** 3 Y E A R S L A T E R ***

Bigby wore a long trench coat since it was a little chilly that Wednesday afternoon. Bigby was walking alongside Y/n, hand in hand. Today was the day that Bigby can finally adopt her. 'She's such a quiet kid.' He thought. Bigby pushed open the front gate, letting her be the first one to walk through.