Chapter 3 ~ Welcome Home

Edited-08/19/2020

Edited - 01/04/2022
H/l - hair length
H/c - hair colour
H/t - hair type
E/c - eye colour

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Bigby was pretty nervous about this new chapter in his life. If you told him so many years ago that he'll be adopting a mundane child, he would scoff in disbelief and would probably tell you to fuck off. Both he and Y/n entered the Woodland apartment, holding hands. The first thing that caught her attention was the sleeping security guard by the entrance. His hat covered his eyes with his feet propped up on the desk.

At first, everyone had an issue that the security guard had fallen asleep on duty, but now no one seemed that bothered by it. Y/n put her finger to her lips, looking up at Bigby. "Shh. He's sleeping." She whispered. He nodded, smiling at her.

He wanted to bring her to his office and inform Snow that Y/n is here. The only reason why he wanted to bring her there is because of Bluebeard. That man will talk Bigby's ears off about the law of Mundies not allowed to be in the presence of Fables and such and la-di-fucking-da. But he had no business of this. Not even Crane.

Bigby let Y/n sit in his office chair and crouched down. "Stay here for a bit, okay? I'll come back in 2 minutes." He told her. She nodded at him, holding the blue bunny in her arms. With that, he left the office and went to find Snow. Y/n suddenly felt saddened at her father's leave. 2 minutes. He'll be back. He said so himself.

Her lips began to tremble, now thinking that he might not come back. Everyone is always leaving her. Why? What did she do wrong? As she was about to wallow in her internal misery, the door opened. Two figures walked in; her dad and a charming woman standing behind him. Y/n's sadness faded away and was replaced by relief.

Snow's eyes widened a bit, seeing the little girl sitting on the chair. The last time she'd seen her was when she was just an infant. Her hair is (h/l) with (h/c), (h/t), big (e/c) eyes. Snow can admit that she's insanely adorable. "My goodness." Snow breathed. "Look at you! You've gotten so big." She walked over to her with a bright smile. Y/n smiled sheepishly, clearly shy of meeting someone new. "Hi.." She tried hiding her face behind her bunny.

Bigby had hung up his trench coat on the rack near the entrance of his office. "Got pretty lucky that Bluebeard nor Ichabod was around." He said sighing. "Yeah, this time. But what about the next? Sooner or later, they will find out. And there's no point in lying because they will use the Mirror or the Book of Fables to invalidate that she's not one of us."

Unfortunately, Snow was right. If word of Y/n got around Fabletown, it could cost Bigby his job, reputation -even though it's bad enough, already- and possibly, Y/n would need to be rehomed to a Mundy family. He rubbed the back of his neck, already tired and stressed. "I'll be good," Y/n told Snow in a soft voice. She looked down at her dark orbs, both her and Bigby surprised at her answer. The confidence in her response made Snow smile warmly at her. "I know, princess."

Both Y/n and Bigby were on the elevator, heading up to his apartment. The sudden movement from the bin had startled Y/n, and she immediately held onto Bigby's leg. Once the doors opened, they stepped out into the hall and walked up to the apartment door. She was the first one to step inside. "Welcome home, hun." He closed the door behind him...when he heard snoring coming from the couch. (Oh no.) He mentally cringed. "Bigby?" Y/n called, staring at the sleeping being.

"Yes, munchkin?" He already knew what she was going to say. "There's a piggy sleeping on the couch!" She pointed in disbelief. He walked over, standing beside her, looking at his friend Colin, snoring away. "Colin," Bigby called. A simple snore was his response. "Bigby, are you a farmer?" Y/n asked, clearly astound. "No, Y/n," He said, now poking the pig. "but this is what happens when I let one little pig live with the big bad." He murmured the last part.

Colin finally woke up. "Oh, hey, Bigby." He had a New York accent that was a bit gruff when he awoke. His tired eyes were now gazing at the child. It took a moment for him to process what he was seeing. "...You see her, too, right?" Y/n gasped. "He can talk!" She exclaimed. "That's daddy's friend. His name is Colin, who is in my chair." Bigby said patiently, emphasizing the words my chair. "Wait! 'Daddy'? Since when did you get a kid? Who'd you knock up?" Colin asked, completely confused.

"This is Y/n, my adoptive daughter." Colin's eyes widened in more confusion. "She's also a Mundy." He sighed. "No, she's not," The pig finally got off of the chair, staring at the child, "You're joking! How the hell did Snow allow that?!" "She knows, Colin. She's the only one that knows, besides you." He nodded slowly. "So, Crane doesn't know yet?" Bigby just shook his head. Colin chuckled under his breath. "A child. Never thought the Big Bad Wolf would be a dad." He grimaced down at the pig. 

This was going to be a long night.