Chapter 3 Going Insane:

*2 mouths later*

I put one grandma's necklace, held it in my hand, and said I missed her. I wiped my tears away and plastered a smile on my face. I didn't let mom, dad, or Aaliyah see my face, I just ran out of the door.

I walk to the bench, put my hood up and listen to music. It was in the middle of the chorus of Breathe Me by Sia, when I felt a tap on the shoulder. I looked up and unplugged to my headphones. I see Angela, smiling sweetly.

"Shawn, can you not wear black?" She said tugging on my sweatshirt.

"Angie, it too late, I couldn't have anything else," I said faintly,"Besides, I wear clothes that match my mood, right now I feel awful."

"Shawn, can you at least be happy at least two seconds," she said crossing her arms.

"Okay," I said smiling brightly," 1, 2, okay back to misery."

I was about to plug back in my headphones when Angela took it from.

"Okay, you're done with mopping around," she said taking my hood off.

She took one look at my face and was shocked.

"Shawn, did you even sleep last night?" She asked worried.

"Nope, I don't recall the last time I got a good night sleep," I said yawning.

"Dude, you look like you've died and came back to life a million years later," she said fixing my hair.

"I'm not going on a date anytime soon," I said laying back on the bench.

"Well, you're going to a party next week," she said smiling.

"What?!" I said quickly sitting up.

"Yep, you are going to get off your emo butt and actually have fun," she said standing up in front of me,"Why happened to fun Shawn?"

"I never talked to you until two months," I said rubbing the back of my head.

"Well, if you want to be notice in a good way, then come to my Halloween party and I'll make sure that everything will turn out okay," she said batting her eyelashes,"Please, for me."

"Fine," I said taking a deep breath,"Bit if anything goes wrong---"

"It won't, can you loosen up?" She said holding my hand.

"No, because there is someone that's on my mind that I always have to watch for," I said looking down.

"Who?" She asked.

"Bandana boy," I said putting my hands over my face.

"Just ask Cameron to watch him," she said smirking.

"What do you mean?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Are you blind?!" She said astonished.

"Apparently," I said still confused.

"He's gay for you," she whispers.