02. Last Days of Freedom

**WARNING: I am not currently working on this as I haven't for years now. You can read it but I don't know when I'll update it or even if I ever will.** 

 "So, what are we gonna do to make these last days worth it?" Lori asked through the phone.

It's almost a quarter to ten and I woke up with my phone ringing. We had been talking for about five minutes now. School was starting in two days, but right now the last weekend of our holydays was starting and we had to do something. I didn't want to be bored the whole two days before going back to hell - AKA school.

"I dunno. I have to take care of Eve though." I informed her.

"We could go to cinema and take her along with us or something." she suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." I agreed.

"Listen, I'm gonna have to call you back, Micah is calling me." She said and hung up.

"Kim!" I heard my little sister calling.

I got up from bed and walked up to her room. Evelyn was nine and a half - as she liked to say -; she had this cute little light brown curls and big dark green eyes just as cute as her curls. Her bedroom had pink and white walls. The bed was against one of the pink walls just as the rest of the furniture. In the desk there was her pink iMac as well as her school books from this year. There were two shelves above her bed with some reading books and some DVD's.

I opened the door with the sign "Eve's bedroom. No adults allowed" - made by her with a little help from Lori, who was the artist girl from the area. The sign had tons of pink and white. So I guess we all got the point: pink was my little sister's favourite colour since forever.

"Yes sweetie?" I asked after opening the door.

She was sat on her bed watching Phineas and Ferb, her favourite cartoons of all time that was playing on the television in front of her bed.

She pressed the pause button and looked at me putting the remote down next to her "I'm hungry." She said.

I laughed. She was just like Lori when it came to eating.

"I'm gonna make some breakfast now, want to help?" I proposed smiling as I knew she'd like.

"Sure." She said with a big smile of excitement and jumped out of bed.

"So, how do you feel about going to cinema after lunch?" I asked Eve while we ate pancakes.

"Really?" She replied happy.

"Yeah" I smiled chuckling.

"Will Micah come?" She asked expectantly.

"I don't know. Would you like him to come?" I smiled taking a bite on my pancake. She nodded "I'm going to tell Lori to bring him then." I promised "Now go get dressed because we have a big day ahead of us.

After lunch, Lori showed up with her little brother like I had asked her. Micah happened to be the same age as Eve, only a few months older. They had been best friends since kindergarten.

"Eve, go with Micah to your room. He can help you choose a film" I said and they ran upstairs excited.

We chuckled at their cuteness and threw ourselves in the couch.

"Wanna know what I just saw?" Lori asked rolling her eyes as I guessed it was something she didn't like. I nodded "I saw the boy from yesterday. Paige's ex-boyfriend?" She said sounding like she was asking if I remembered him. I opened my eyes wider in surprise. "Yeah, he was making out with some random girl in some stupid looking corner!" She rolled her eyes again.