06. Issues

**WARNING: I am not currently working on this as I haven't for years now. You can read it but I don't know when I'll update it or even if I ever will.** 

"Have you talked to her yet?" Nate asked as Lori went to get some food from the bar.

"Not yet. I plan to though." I told him.

He sighed shaking a little and I laughed slightly, amused by his behaviour.

"It's not funny, Kim!" He grumbled sighing again.

"Believe me, it is. It is funny to think of you guys like that." I said. Honestly, every time I pictured them together I'd either make a weird face or chuckle slightly. I mean, they had been my best friends for like seven years now and in my head it was very possible they'd end up together. I had actually never thought about them like that but they actually looked cute together.

"Oh my God! Who?! Has he told you?!" Lori asked all of a sudden back from the bar with a cupcake on one hand and a natural orange juice on the other. Her eyes were widened in excitement and she seemed to have forgotten her food for the first time ever.

I glanced at Nate, not really sure what to answer to Lori and his eyes widened as well as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his head. He sort of shook his head like telling me to go for it, and swallowed dry. It took me a little time to think of a way to tell her, especially in front of him.

I sighed. "Well, she's here and very close. Also you know her very well."

"Oh my God! Kimberly?!" Her eyes grew bigger, in shock, and so did mine when I realized what she was thinking.

"No! No, no, no, no, no. No!" I found myself repeating the word over again shaking my head several times. She had gotten it all wrong. "It's not me!"

Her shocked eyes turned into confusion and she looked over to Nate who was biting his lip softly, looking at the ground. She then looked back at me and pointed to herself babbling, "me?!" Her eyes widened again, now she was probably freaking out.

I nodded calmly as I read in her lips "Oh God!"

I decided to get up and leave them alone, mentally wishing each other good luck on whatever was going to happen.

As I walked out of there, I looked back one more time to see them finally talking it out. A little smile formed in my lips. They definitely looked cute together. When I turned to my front again, I crushed into someone. Damn, I was clumsy. Watch it, Kimberly!

I looked at the guy and my eyes grew big. "Well, I guess I'm always running into you."

Logan gave me a small smile. "I guess so. Sorry if the first time I was a little rude." He apologized. A little?

"No worries." I smiled back. "So, you and Steph broke up?" My voice made it a question. I was just going for that subject because it was the only thing I remembered and no one likes an awkward silence.

"Yeah, it wasn't working." He shrugged. "But hey! She was the one who dumped me but that was only 'cause I told her I was going to do it myself!" He explained like he was trying to prove something. "Apparently no one knows that part." He shrugged again and this time, that told me he didn't care enough about what people thought.

I nodded in understanding though I didn't really get him. He was strange. Sometimes it looked like he actually cared about stuff; others, he didn't give a crap about whatever thing.

"Oh, so I do might find her in some corner crying after all!" I said jokingly.

He raised his eyebrow at me. "What do you mean?"