03. Popular New Student

**WARNING: I am not currently working on this as I haven't for years now. You can read it but I don't know when I'll update it or even if I ever will.** 

8h00AM. My alarm goes off telling me it's time to wake up. More than that, it tells me that I'm already late. Crap!

"Kimberly! You awake?!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

"I am now!" I shouted back in response. "But late" I muttered to myself.

Well, I wasn't really late. But still I had to talk my little sis through a few things about the new school. Now she was an official fifth grader so she was transferred to the school I was attending. I was the only one she knew there besides Lori and Nate. And of course Micah would be in the new school as well, in Eve's class. They were excited to meet their classmates but they were also a little bit nervous.

I quickly showered and dressed skinny black jeans, a white t-shirt and a purple hoodie both with a moustache on it. I put on my purple hightop supra and ran down the stairs.

Evelyn was in the kitchen eating her cereals with milk. "I'm almost finished." She said full mouthed.

I grabbed an apple as my mother grumbled at me about not really having a proper breakfast. I guess it was starting to become a routine.

I went to get my multicoloured schoolbag that already had the books I was going to need: Math A, English and Biology. I got my sister's schoolbag as well and went back to the kitchen. I started eating my apple while I was waiting for Eve which wasn't long.

As we walked into the school I got Evelyn's schedule out of my bag. I had gotten it the same day I got my own. After saying goodbye to Paige that day, we went back to the school to get them.

"You see that corridor?" I pointed at the long passage ahead. "So, you walk down the corridor and then you turn left where you have another corridor, you're classroom must be there, you just need to find the its number." I explained in a hurry, the bell had already rung.

She nodded nervously. I hugged her and whispered her good luck before she ran down the hall. 

I remembered how my first day at that school had been, I hadn't been as lucky as my little sister though. I hadn't had anyone to help me through the first day and I had gotten late to every single class in the first week. I remembered how scared I was.

As I turned around to go to my classroom I crashed into someone and that snapped me out of my thoughts. All the boy's books (though they weren't that many) fell on the floor.

"Watch it!" He shouted upset and got down on his knees to catch the few books he had dropped from under his arm.

I bent down to help him. "I'm sorry" I said and finally looked at his face. No way!

"Go away. I don't need your help!" He caught the books and got up, quickly walking away.

I blinked in surprise after getting up. It was Paige's ex-boyfriend. The day was indeed starting very well.

I then walked to my classroom, apologizing to my math teacher for being late. The whole class stared at me as I walked in. I already knew a few of them, but the most I didn't. Nate was one of the few I knew. He smiled at me as I sat down next to him.

"So, since Mrs. Jones got here last and late, she can be the first one to introduce herself to the class." Teacher said leaning against her desk while looking at me smiling. She had been my teacher the year before, so she already knew me.