04. Biology Assignment and Harry Potter

**WARNING: I am not currently working on this as I haven't for years now. You can read it but I don't know when I'll update it or even if I ever will.**  

The first week of school went alright. I was getting along with most of my classmates. Logan was the only one I didn't really talked to, even though he was with us most of the time, because he was with Stephanie. Yeah, that's right, they started dating on Friday. What kind of slut wouldn't want to date the new hottest guy in school when it had been only four days since they met? That was a record! I mean, it sure helped her with her bitchy reputation. All the other girls in school wanted to be her.

They were constantly making out, not to say they were almost having sex in front of the whole school. I usually looked away whenever she sat on his lap and started kissing him. It was just disgusting and everybody could tell that there wasn't a bit of love in that relationship.

"Hey, wazzup?" Nate asked putting his tray on the table, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I just looked at him as he sat down on the chair next to me and started eating the fried chicken.

"Lost in thought I guess." I answered sighing and before he could reply I changed subjects. "So, how are we gonna do that assignment?"

I referred to the work we had to do for our biology class. Last Friday, Mr. Harrison told us he would send each of us an e-mail where he would put our biology program for that year and the topics for our first assignment - Diseases Affecting Homeostasis. He told us to choose the pair groups to tell him in the next class (in other words, next Monday). Today was Wednesday and I wanted to get that work over with, even though we had three weeks to do it.

"Uh, I dunno. My place after lunch?" He suggested. Perfect.

I nodded yes. That day we didn't have classes in the afternoon and I had been struggling about what to do. I didn't mind doing the work at all.

"Sounds good, but I better get my laptop first." I agreed and he nodded.

"Heeey!" Lori shouted in front of us. "What's going on ma niggas?! May I sit with you people?" She asked making us laugh. Someone was in a very good mood.

"Of course, you are most welcomed to sit." Nate chuckled.

"Why thank you." She smiled as she majestically put down her tray and sat with us. "So, where is the non lover couple?"

"Somewhere making out... or worse than that." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, at least I don't have to deal with Stephanie anymore!" Nate sighed relieved.

"I think you're the only one who has ever rejected her!" Lori chuckled.

"Well, she isn't my type and she isn't the one I want." He said putting the fork into his mouth, not facing us.

"Uhh! Someone has a crush over here!" Lori said playfully and I chuckled kind of happy for him. "Tell us, who is she? Do we know her?!" Lori asked definitely interested.

"Don't get high hopes Lori bear 'cause firstly, it's not you!" she pouted still playfully and he chuckled. "And secondly, I'm not revealing anything about that!"

"Own, c'mon! Tell your best friends who she is!" She pouted higher.

"It's called privacy!" He exclaimed as he finished eating. "Well, we've got to go." He informed when he saw that I too had finished.

"And leave me here all alone?" She asked sadly.

"Nah, I thing you've got some company." I responded as I saw Stephanie and Logan heading our direction, hands intertwined.