Chapter 10

I had a quick shower and got dried and dressed into tights, a blue skater skirt and a Blink 182 Tshirt. I tied my hair into a loose messy ponytail and applied my usual make up. Finally I was ready, trying to look my best because my mum would have wanted me to, first impressions n'all.

"Skye our guest are here now!" My mum shouted. I slowly started to walk downstairs and into my living room.

"Where are they then?" I said looking around.

"Right here" I quickly turned as I heard a familiar Australian accent behind me to see Luke and and older women standing behind me. How could this actually be happening to me? Today was really not my day.

"Come and sit with me Skye" Luke said grinning and patting the chair beside him. I didn't want to make a fuss and ruin my mother's evening so I sat next to him. My mother brought us the food and sat down opposite us next to Luke's mother, Liz.

"Thank you for having us Mrs Blackburn, it looks great" Luke said. He was obviously putting on an act for my mum to seem sweet. "Please, call me Anna" my mum replied. He smiled and took a mouthful of his food. I gave him a quick glare and he smiled back evilly.

Luke's hand went to my thigh and he started to rub it. I shot up from my seat. "I..uh..need the toilet" I blurted out. My mother nodded and I ran upstairs. I locked the bathroom door behind me and leaned against the door.

Why was this happening to me? Nothing like this had ever happened at any of my other schools. Did he even like me? Luke was messing everything up. He was popular and I wasn't or at least I didn't want to be. I wanted to stay invisible, so when I left I had nothing to leave behind.

I wasn't even sure about what I was feeling and all I had heard about Luke told me he probably didn't even feel anything for me. But maybe the rumours were not true. I know that he has that bad boy vibe, but maybe he wasn't like that after all. Either way, I had to find out for myself.