"Can I Hold Your Hand?"

2.

"Can I hold your hand? Please?"

-----

Slaine was a person who got very nervous, easily.

So, whenever someone important came up, he won't be able to sleep for hours.

The minute he hears the news, his heart rate picks up, and his breathing becomes quicker.

When he found out he was able to see Asseylum, he was shocked.

'Are they actually letting me see the Princess?' He thought.

Filled with ranges of different emotions, he broke down practically.

He couldn't eat nor talk. Inaho had to force food down his boyfriend's throat, but he couldn't do anything to make him talk.

Soon the day came closer, to when he could finally see his princess.

Inaho had noticed Slaine's behavior, and has taken note.

Slaine had a slight shake, and he wasn't as alert as he had been before. He almost remained emotionless, except with the few mentions of the princess, which made him smile.

Inaho had this strange feeling though, a feeling he hadn't felt in a while. He wanted to strangely yell at Slaine, and drag him away from the princess. He felt like a fire was burning inside of his soul, telling him something he couldn't understand just yet.

But on the day they met Asseylum, he knew the feeling.

Ah yes, Inaho.

The hero of Earth, and millions of people, was jealous.

He, the boy who didn't feel many emotions, was upset that Slaine had been paying more attention to... her... Rather than himself.

After all, they are dating.

Slaine was noticing Inaho's behavior, and was a bit scared of him.

Inaho had become more... Snappy. He would distant himself from Slaine whenever they did have the chance to talk.

And boy, it did hurt.

It scarred him. It burned. It was like someone put hand sanitizer on an open cut.

His words imprinted themselves onto his brain. They never left for one second, and when Slaine got a chance to be alone, he cried.

He cried so hard. He cried until he had more tears, and when he had more tears, he cried again.

Slaine could feel tears building up in his eyes, until someone snapped him out of his daze.

"Slaine, we're here." Inaho said, staring at him. Inaho had observed the wetness in his eyes, and had quite a difficult time hiding his hurt.

Slaine nods, giving a small smile to Inaho.

They were now in the elevator, going to the highest level to meet the princess in the meeting room.

"You excited?"

Inaho's voice cuts through the silence, and Slaine turns to him.

"Yes."

Silence breaks out again.

"Uhm, Inaho?"

"Slaine?"

"Can I hold you hand?"

A hand takes sudden hold of his, and Slaine feels hear rise to his face.

"I thought you wouldn't ask."

The elevator door opens, and Asseylum is waiting on the other side.

"Slaine! Inaho!" A cheerful voice calls out, and blue eyes scan the couple.

Asseylum lets out a gasp, and she immediately smiles.

"You two are a couple? That's adorable! How long have you been together? Who would have thought?" She gushes, pushing out the two on the elevator.

"We are going to have a serious chat you two!"

<><><>

Inaho soon figured out how Slaine felt, and would not let him go.

Nights of constant affection, kissing, and cuddling soon became more recent.

And Slaine loved every single bit of it.