30; can you hear the drums of war?

10. I Am Become Death. [Part 3]

Jasper had been pacing back and forth about the upcoming storm that was for sure to blow over them any minute now. Ever since Octavia came with the information of the grounders coming at first light, he knew that they were doing everything they can to prepare for them. Like making enough bullets to protect their camp and building a bomb.

Thank you Raven

He had been thinking about his sister, how sick she looked when she stepped out of the drop-ship with the gun in hand. After seeing those kids die, he couldn't help but worry about her own health. She was sick, so sick that he feared the worse. He was currently nearest a group of other gunners, who he had been hanging out with for the last couple of days. He tried to talk to them, and ease his mind over his worries, but nothing was working. 

Quite honestly, he was so far gone in his worry that he didn't notice Bellamy stumbling towards him.

"Jasper." The gruff voice snaps his eyes from the ground to Bellamy, the man who looked paler than normal urging him with a hand as his head hung down. " - come here."

Stepping away from the burning fire that he had found himself near, Jasper walks away from the group of kids who watch him with either awe or envy. "Hi." He slid his hands into his pockets and pauses in front of Bellamy. He already accustoms himself as a friend of Bellamy's since his little show at the bridge. He assumes it has to do with going to the bridge again when Raven blows it up. "You need me to go with you to the bridge again?"

Jasper pauses when he takes a look at Bellamy, his hand shot out to stop him from getting closer. Bellamy was pale, and blood was pouring from his nose - just like those others that have fallen ill. A sudden dread overcomes him as he took in the state that Bellamy was in.

"I need you to take the shot."

For a second, Jasper was shocked. He turns his head to the others behind him, noticing their curious gazes. "I can do that." He nods looking back at Bellamy. 

"Don't you have jobs to do?" Bellamy tries yelling at the group, his command making them get up grudgingly. He ignores them as he turns to Jasper with a tiring look. "If you miss... if that bridge doesn't blow, we're all dead. You got that?"

"Hey, why me?" He whispers, shaking his head. Of course, he knew that he wasn't the only shooter in the camp. He figured that there had to be others that weren't sick, like him. But, as he thought about it he hasn't seen the few that he had been hanging with in the last couple of days. "I mean, you've got 20 shooters." He notices Bellamy's fallen look, and instantly realizes that they were all sick. "I'm the only one not sick, right?"

"Right." Bellamy barely nods, his face softening. "Don't miss."

Jasper turns around, just as Bellamy does, wiping a hand over his mouth. Billions of thoughts ran over in his mind, feeling the weight of the world on his shoulders. How the hell- a slump and clanging behind him causes him to turn around. His eyes widening at the slumped form fallen on a tent - "Bellamy!" He starts, heading over to help him. 

"No." Bellamy holds a hand out, stopping Jasper. "Stay back." His throat was slowly closing up, and he felt his head pounding heavily. "Make the shot. Find Finn. Go."

His command instantly made Jasper move. He didn't look back as he starts walking away, and notices two bystanders. "Don't just stand there ... get him into the drop ship!"

The two who were standing by instantly went to Bellamy's side, and ushered him there.

♛♛♛