Crumbling Empire part 2

"Father, I wasn't expecting this." Skylor continued walking backwards until she was pressed up against the wall. Chen had a wide evil grin as he raised his glowing staff about his head. "Keep in mind that I need everyone's elemental power to complete the spell, my dear." A shaft of light surrounded Skylor and she began to panick. She felt her power draining fastly from her body and watched the orange energy get sucked into her father's elemental staff.

She felt cold and her knees buckled. Chen grinned at his daughter who was down on the floor in exhaustion. "F-Father...you're still missing someone.." She whispered but another gruff voice interrupted her. "Master Chen!" Several guards rushed in, coughing and nearky struggling to breathe. "The fire..."

"I KNOW! I KNOW! I have a strong urge to get rid of every single one of you!! But that's not nessecary..I need my Anacondrai army alive!!" Chen shouted.

"Hey, Chen!" A small voice called out from the corner of the room. Everyone's heads turned and instantly spotted the green ninja who leaped out of the shadows. "You didn't forget me, right?" Lloyd grinned and pulled his ninja mask on. "Do you really think I'm that foolish?" Chen stepped forward angrily.

"I do!" Skylor shouted and stood up, her legs shaking. "Daughter! Silence!" Chen snapped. The guards followed close behind Master Chen, their eyes locked onto Lloyd. "No, no! You all stay back and keep my daughter away from this final battle!" Chen's guards obeyed him and rushed to Skylor. Shackles were clamped down on her wrists instantly as she was pulled away. "F-Father! No!" She yelled, struggling.

The young ninja was dragged out into the cool night. The guards pushed her to the ground when they were a fair distance from the temple. "Look!" Zugu pointed to a cloud of smoke that was rising rapidly into the dark sky. "It won't be long until this entire place will be ashes." Krait kept silent as he pulled out a small hand gun and pointed it at Skylor's forehead. "Any last words?" He asked and motioned to pull the trigger.