The Spy

((The title is quite a spoiler for this one, sorry!))

Master Chen had second thoughts about disqualifying the entire ninja team at once when Kai ratted on him. The remaining fighters would get suspicious. They already were eyeing Skylor when her left arm was in a sling and the other was wrapped up completely. A large bandage was also visible from the inside of her suit. Skylor had claimed to hurt herself while training. It was a terrible excuse and she knew everyone was suspecting that something was up, especially Sensei Garmadon.

Garmadon, Jay and Lloyd knew that Cole was out, but they hadn't seen Kai all day. Of course, Chen used his typical signature move on the red ninja when nobody else was around. The three began to worry. Little did they know was that Kai was going to be served for dinner tonight. Finally, Lloyd had the courage to ask Master Chen about the missing ninja.

"Chen.." Clouse said blankly to his master. "The green ninja has requested to speak with you." The evil man instantly knew that Lloyd was going to bring up Kai. "Let him in.." Chen answered as his second in command opened the door for the green ninja. He stood a few feet away from Chen's throne and felt a large lump in his throat as Clouse left them alone.

"So... I have a feeling that you're going to ask me about Kai.." Chen smirked, prepared for Lloyd to answer. Lloyd began to studder. "I h-haven't seen K-Kai...Maybe y-you'd know...what happened...?" His voice squeaked. Chen leaped up from his throne. "Oh, Master Lloyd, you don't have to be afraid of me." He chuckled. "Unfortunately, your teammate got himself kicked out. Remember what I said..Break a rule, and you are OUT. Did you see Skylor today? Did you see how injured she is? Guess who is responsible for that?" Lloyd gasped and backed away. "Kai wouldn't do that.. I know he wouldn't!"

"Well it appears that you don't know Kai as much as you think! I don't appreciate anyone fighting when we're all on break!" He growled. "That's another serious rule here!" The green ninja looked away nervously. Now that he thought of it, Skylor did have a few burn marks on her forehead. No, Kai wouldn't do this. He would never do this. "I don't believe you!" Lloyd snapped. Master Chen just plopped himself back into his chair and chuckled. "Why don't you go back to your father and your team? Well, what's left of it!" Lloyd kept silent and walked out. Master Chen knew that Lloyd would only tell his team about Kai. If the remaining ninjas spread the word about their teammate, it would only give them a bad reputation.

The worried ninja found his father down in the training dojo with Jay. "Dad..." Lloyd said softly. Garmadon turned to his son. "I think I know what happened to Kai." Jay gasped. "Really??" Lloyd nodded slowly as Skylor walked past them. "Kai...is the reason Skylor is hurt." Garmadon stared at his son and finally spoke up. "No...Kai wouldn't do anything like that." "But why else would she be injured with Kai missing at the same time?" Lloyd questioned.

Jay glared at Skylor. "We don't know much about her..It's possible that she started it first." Garmadon sighed. "We shouldn't start putting the blame on anyone. You both need to focus on your main task." Lloyd agreed with his father and looked back at Jay, waiting for his response. "Well, we both moved on. We need to find Zane, and in addition to that, Cole and Kai. We're losing our team.." Jay sighed. "Don't forget about the spell. Remember what Neuro saw?" Lloyd added.

Suddenly a Kabuki servant walked by them, waving a small fan in her face as if she was hiding her identity. She began passing by every couple of minutes, trying to get their attention. Finally, Jay spoke up. "You have a problem with us?" The servant approached the team and whispered from behind her fan. "Guys, it's me." They instantly recognized that voice. "Nya?" Jay asked as she lowered her fan, exposing her painted white and red face.

"Lower your voices..I'm undercover." She whispered. "And to be completely honest, a bit out of my element. I also heard about what happened to Cole. That was big of you both." Jay held her hand and whispered back. "Love is like war, Nya. Everyone gets hurt."