Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Hey Haz, you awake?" Louis asks in a soft tone as his fingers carefully rake through my brown curls. I open my green eyes and find him looking directly at me, "well now I am," I chuckle. "Good." He smiles and twists my hair round his finger. "Have a nice nap?" I ask him as I stretch my hands above my head. 

"Mmm yeah," Louis replies breezily, "One of the best sleeps I've had in weeks. So peaceful and relaxing, nothing to worry about when you've got me in your arms." His hands slide up my arms and he locks his fingers with mine. "Thank you." The older boy says and I pull him in a bit closer to me and kiss his cute button nose.

Without any warning, the door opens and familiar voices flood the house. "That chick was so checking me out!" Niall friendlily bickers. "Yeah right!" Liam states in a slightly bitchy tone. Louis and I just stare each other in the eyes; bodies frozen, not knowing what to do next. 

"Lads?" Zayn inquires as the door closes. "Shh." Louis mouths as he untangles our fingers and slides his arms down mine, bringing them back down to the couch. "Here!" He calls out, clumsily getting of my body. Awkwardly smiling, he makes his way towards the other boys. I don't have a great view of everything because all I can see is the tops of their heads.

They talk for a while until Liam finally realizes that I'm not there, "Hey, where's Harry?"  Hesitation crosses Louis' voice as he stutters, "Um well he's here somewhere..." There is a period of awkward silence as I feel tension building up in the room. Being the good friends that they are, they don't question Louis. 

The three boys walk up to their rooms saying that they need a shower, leaving Louis downstairs with me. "That was close! Second time today!" I say quietly as I sit up on the couch, hoping that the boys upstairs didn't hear. Louis' cheeks are pink from embarrassment but soon he begins to become calmer about things and they go back to their normal colour. 

"Yeah.." He chokes on his own words trying to get in the right head space, "But you know what?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "What?" I puzzle. His face suddenly lights up as if something had crossed or entered his mind that very second, "I like it," he softly purrs, his blue eyes becoming brighter.

"That sense of forbidden love, it makes my heart racing," he trails on, "it's like an adventure." From that moment, I realize that he doesn't want to tell anyone; he wants to keep it a secret. "So are you in or out?" Louis asks cheekily grinning. "Count me in." I reply with a smile as I climb off the couch.

 ----

"What movie do you want to watch?" Niall asks everyone as we crowd around the tv, finding space on the couch and carpet. "Anything, I don't care." Zayn replies off the floor. Louis and I sit on the couch next to each other and eat our delicious pie. "Mm." Louis mumbles as crumbs fall to the plate that's on his lap.

Niall picks out a random movie and places the DVD in the player. Pressing play, he finds a spot next to Zayn on the floor. The movie starts and the opening title comes on with music accompanying it. "Yay its Pirates of the Caribbean!" Liam excitedly states. Louis and I both continue eating our creation as we watch the movie. 

Plates aside and pastry in our stomachs, I shuffle my body closer to Louis'. His arm extends and swivels around my neck then rests on my shoulder, he squeezes gently as he pulls me in even closer to him. My own hands prop down in Louis' lap. We stay like this for the next two hours; watching, commentating and enjoying the movie.

Once the movie is over, Louis takes his hand off my shoulder and I take my hands of his lap. "Uhhh, major lazy day today." Zayn comments as he stands up and stretches. "True that." Niall says in the middle of his yawn. "Shit!" Liam cusses in sudden realization, "I promised Danielle I'd help her pack things before dinner!" He quickly gets up off the floor and rushes up to his room.