Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Where are we going Lou?" I ask as I sit down in the seat and buckle myself in. "It's a surprise." He looks over to me cheekily as he buckles himself in. Louis starts the car and drives onto the road. I nervously fumble with my own fingers as I look out onto the road ahead. I wonder if I'm dressed occasion; black skinny jeans, white converses and a shirt with a skull on it.

"Stop worrying curly. Trust me you'll love it." Louis reassures me as he faces my way and flashes a smile. "Ok." I breathe out happily and I sink into the chair relaxed. We drive for a while and soon I realise that we're heading out of town. I want to query about where we're going but it's a surprise. The suspense is killing me! 

Louis drives off the road and onto a pebble track. "Hold on!" He laughs. The tires go over the road and make our seats vibrate. "Here." Louis smiles as he stops the car. We both undo our seat belts and get out of the car. I look around and see that there are heaps of trees, bushes and dirt. We are literally in the middle of nowhere. 

"Where are we Lou?" I ask into the warm air of the night. "I have no idea," Louis laughs, "but I brought you here so that we can get away from the world and enjoy each others company." He pops the boot of his car open and retrieves a small rug and a picnic basket. He closes the boot and walks around to the front of the car. Laying the rug on the bonnet, he places the basket in the middle.

"Hop on." Louis pats the material next to him. Placing my bum on the car, I swivel my legs around to the side so that I'm sitting on the rug. There's only a basket in the way of me and Lou. "Do you like it Haz?" Louis looks over to me with a hopeful face. Breathing in the clean air, I close my eyes and tilt my head back enjoying the calm atmosphere.

"I love it Boo. Thank you." I open my eyes to a very happy Louis. "Glad you do." He leans over the basket and places a small kiss on my cheek. Reaching into the basket, Louis pulls out two sandwiches and hands one to me. "Did you make this yourself?" I ask him as I take a massive bite into it, letting the flavours hit my taste buds. Louis nods his head with a mouthful of food. "Delicious." I compliment him as I swallow down the food.

I'm getting hits of heaps of flavours that taste wonderful together. "Mmm." I murmur as I finish off the sandwich gazing off into the sky. It is full of shiny stars and the moon is very bright, contrasting the black around it. "Want a drink?" Louis asks as he throws crumbs the crumbs off his lap and onto the floor. "Yes please." I smile.

Louis reaches into the basket and gets out two cups and fills them up with apple juice. He hands one over to me and I take it off him. I take small sips of the cold drink and relax; taking in my surroundings. "We really needed a get away from the city. All the drama and just everything. Thanks." I look over to Louis and finish off my drink. 

"Yeah I figured we needed a getaway." Louis looks at me and skulls his drink. The cool breeze blows on our faces as it skims past our cheeks sending chills down my spine. "Dessert?" Louis raises his eyebrow and a grin spreads on his cheek. "Sure why not!" I smile as Louis reaches into the basket and pulls out two ice creams. 

Handing me a spoon and the dessert, I dig in and begin eating it. "This is- oh my god wow the best ice cream." I say as the chocolaty goodness wraps around my teeth and clings onto my cheeks. This is well and truly the best dessert I've ever had. I finish off the meal before Louis even had a chance to finish off eating his. 

Louis calmly finishes off his ice cream and takes the rubbish from my hands and puts it back in the basket. He moves it from the middle and onto the top of the car. "Haz, you've got a little something there." Louis says as he points to the chocolate on my lips. My cheeks fluster from embarrassment as I try to get the ice cream off.