Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Warning *coarse language*

I hoist the covers up my body so that they're just over the lower half of my body. Because the lights are off, I can barely see anything. I reach out my hand and scuffles around on my bedside table, trying to find my phone. When I finally get a hold of it, I pull it towards me. I press the home button and the brightness burns my eyes.

"Shit!" I quietly cuss under my breath as I turn down the brightness. Clicking on the twitter app, I see I have hundreds of notifications and messages from girls saying that they love me and want to marry me. I chuckle softly knowing that Louis is my one and only. Scrolling down through my feed real fast, I pause and focus on an article labelled "Larry Stylinson: are they real?"

Crap.Shit.Fuck.OhMyGod.

My mind races and my heart pumps loudly. How could we have been so careless today? We were so caught up in the moment that we forgot about everything else. Louis was so turned on about forbidden love that forgot about the rest of the world. Plucking up the courage to open the article, my shaking finger taps on the link.

My eyes skim the words written. To a certain point I am relieved. All that is written is that we were sighted together up in town and our fingers locked occasionally. The paps snapped a photo of us running; the photo itself is blurry but you can still see our outline and my head full of curls.

My breathing is laboured as I start to panic about the boys knowing and what the media can find out. Worst of all, what Eleanor can tell Modest because right now it doesn't look like she's on Louis' side and will do anything to crush us. I lock my phone and place it back to where it previously rested. Silent tears roll down my cheeks. I'm not giving up before something has even started.

A small figure appears in my doorway, slowly making its way towards me. "Haz don't cry," Louis whispers and he climbs under the covers and faces me, his thumb skims my skin as he wipes away the tears, "please babe don't cry, everything will be alright." The words don't sound too reassuring but I faintly nod as my nose sniffles, I start to calm down.

"I saw the article too. I read it. I heard your sniffles. It's going to be ok." He says in a semi confident tone, his breath skimming my cheek, "I know you're worried, but we will just have to be more careful next time. I'm sorry love, this is all my fault...” "No don't say that!" I softly snap at Louis as I look at him deeply in his mix of blue and green, "I don't want anything bad to happen. If the boys ask about the article, we come clean. Look I don't feel like doing it either, I don't know where 'we' stand. I know it might early to say this but I have longed to say these three words for as long as I can remember."

I take his hand in mind and tie our fingers together, "I love you." Silence feels the air, almost bitter. Louis' lips are formed in an o and a tear escapes from his eye. "Say something..." I mumble under my breath, almost losing hope of everything. "I...” He stutters as my eyes search his face for an emotion, "I love you."

He nuzzles his nose into the crook of my neck and cries tears. Happy tears. I can't quite comprehend what has happened today. All this drama. All this love. It's a disaster. But what a beautiful disaster it has turned out to be. "We'll figure something out. We can hide in the shadows for a couple more days until we're ready." My words coo him as he nods making his hair brush up and down my cheek.

"Thank you Harry," Louis breathes into my neck, "I mean it, I don't know what I would've done without you." My thumb skims the top of his hand, "Get some sleep. We'll wake up and sort everything out." I bring our hands up to the middle of our chests so we can feel our hearts beating for each other.