Prologue

"I just can't stay here anymore", Maya screeched loudly, tears running down her flushed cheeks.

Damon grabbed the door and held her wrist, "Why are you leaving?", he asked calmly.

Maya sniffled, then let go of the doorpost, "I can't live this life no more, Damon. The kids..."

"The kids are all we have, Maya", Damon exploded, veins popping. He let go of the door then stepped outside.

"I'm sure Kaela, Keely and Lexi can do without a mother like me", she said, picking up her bag.

"Maya, they are only five and two years old", Damon pleaded, "they need their mum".

Suddenly, a scruffling was heard from the inside and two cute adorable five year old baby girls in matching pink floral dress walked outside. Between them, a two year old held on to her bottle as if it was the last thing she got.

"Daddy, where is mummy going?", one asked.

"Kaela, she is gonna be right back", Damon said, ruffling the girl's tightly curled head.

"Mama", the two year old said, creeping towards her mother. Maya, looked at her, then took a step back, then ran down the stairs, toward her car.

Damon picked up the two year old then ran towards Maya. But he was too slow. She drove out of the yard, the tires leaving black marks on the pavement.

"Mama", the two year old screamed.

"Mummy", Kaela cried, grabbing onto her father's pant leg.

But the other five year just stared.

Keela just stared.

Then she did her first frown.

Then she scowled.

Then the pretty smile that she wore disappeared.