Pool Party

Friday, the next day, I did my normal shower routines then put on my trademark black.

A pair of black, damaged skinny jeans, a black vest, a black supra and black and silver dice earnings. The other colour was the red strands in my hair, which I added last night.

I stole the dye from Kaela.

My door creaked open, and in popped Kaela's red head... Well almost.

Speak of the devil and it shall appear.

"Where are you going? A funeral?", she taunted, coming in full view.

As usual.

Girl got no life.

She was dressed in a pair of hot pink skinny jeans , a white muscle tee and a pair of white and brown cut out wrap around wedge sandals. Her long hair was wrapped in an elegant bun.

"Shu'up. 'Least I don't look like a highlighter", I retorted, changing my earings to a pair of real black diamonds, compliments daddy.

"Whatever", she said rolling her eyes, "Let's go fool".

"Coming bitch", I said sweetly, picking up the 'borrowed' jansport.

Why don't I find life as exciting as Na'Kaela does?

***

"Hey Na'Keela". an annoying high pitched voice said.

Sounding like Minnie mouse bae. Stahhp it..

I spun around, only to face Rayne Taylor, an eleventh grader like me.

Rayne was blonde and personally, I thought all blonde jokes were made up because of her. They should just erase her from the earth.. She serves no purpose.

Rayne had long blonde hair, shot through with russet and was about six inches taller than me.

I'm four feet five, so you must know.

Her eyes were blue, but she wears purple contacts for some insane reason.

"Rayne", I smirked.

"Waddup?", she asked, trying to sound ghetto.

"Look," I said firmly, softly and dangerously, "I ain got time fuh yuh and yuh bullshit. Sixty seconds Raide".

"Uh, its Rayne", she said, licking her lips, "I'm having my eighteenth birthday party tomorrow at my house. A pool party".

I sucked my teeth, long and hard then said, "I'm not interested".

"Uh, okay", she stammered, "but the invitation is still open".

I sighed, then shook my head, "I Na'Keela Lh'Avion does not want to attend your kiddy birthday party", I said, walking away.

"Its tomorrow, anyway, from three to two a.m," Rayne's slightly braver friend Sharkisha Jones said. Sharkisha was African American, with short straightened hair and brown eyes.

"Damn", I said, walking to the nearby café, where Stefan jammed me into the corner. Since the café was empty, and the waitresses were busy gossiping, I had no one to help me.

I scowled.

"Move asshole."

He pressed closer, but still not touching me, "Yuh going to Rayne's party tomorrow", he whispered dangerously.

"Who d'you think you are", I asked angrilly.

"Who does it look like I am? Yuh going to Rayne's party tomorrow and that's final", he said, holding my wrist, my diamond watch bruising my wrist.