Bikinis and idiot boys

When Kaela left, I sat down on the bed and sighed. It was already ten to seven.

Ten minutes to dress.

Ahh shit.

I slid on the tight, red bikini panty.

Why red?, I thought angrilly.

And a white, high waist short pants.

Then I pulled on the red designer bikini top, diamonds studding the front. I called Lexxi and she whistled.

"You look hot, mah chica", she said, her eyes wide as saucers.

"I do?", I squeeked.

Why do I feel so vulnerable?

"Yeah", she replied, pulling the towel off my head.

"Oh my God. I forgot about my head, and I only have seven minutes", I screeched, plunging the brush through it.

"Look, lemme fix it", Lexxi said.

"What?", I spun around, brush freezing in mid air.

"Lemme fix it", she repeated.

Rather despondently, I sat in front the mirror. Then I closed my eyes, expecting the worse. After five minutes, I opened them and I was surprised.

Lexxi plaited a single cornrow from my left ear to my neck, then pinned my hair to one shoulder. Although my hair was naturally curly, I could see that the hair spray she used, made them curled even more.

I smiled as she placed a red flower at the side of my left ear.

If Maya...

"Thank you very much Lexx", I said, kissing her cheeks.

"Kool, look change your navel ring to red".

"Aii", I said, looking at my watch.

A minute.

I changed them then heard the doorbell ring, and the door opening. The red and white diamond flower ring nestling against my navel glittered.

I frowned then shoved my feet in a pair of white Adidas slippers. I went to look for my bag, with my change of clothes and toiletries.

Just then, I heard my door creak, and in popped Stefan's gorgeous head.

Dha hell he think this is?

"Hey, yuh finished", he said, coming in full view.

Dressed to kill, he wore a black skinny jeans, a green and silver T-shirt and a green and black supra. His ears sported green dice earings.

I grabbed the bag then glared at him. Then I said, "Yes".

"No sweater?", I asked as we headed down the stairs.

"No".

***

Rayne's pool party was boring. The music was boring, the food boring and everyone seem to want to have sex in the water. And since the pool wasn't big enough, they pulled the party to the beach which was about a minute walk from the house.

At least, the boring part was what I thought. In fact it was the opposite of boring.

After shedding my pants, I went off to meet Paige and left Stefan talking with his jockeys.

I saw her talking to Devon Kyle.

Again.

I started to move away, but then, she saw me.

"Hey Keely", she said sweetly. She was dressed in a silver bikini that accentuated her figure and her hair was flat ironed, so they lay flat on her back almost reaching the middle of her back.

"Paige", I said shortly. I could not see what Paige saw on Devon Kyle. He is so dumb, although he is the captain of the football team and he is Trey Songz cute, he is otherwise an idiot.

He bleached his hair and were green contacts. Standing before me, he was dressed in a hot pink cut off denim, a neon green T-shirt and an orange old navy.

See, Idiot.

"Change yuh mind as I can see", she said, giggling.

I glowered, "Well duh".

"Okay. Devon meet my best friend Na'Keela Lh'Avion, and Keely meet my boyfriend Devon Kyle".

"Hi", we both said.

"Look", I said after five minutes of talking and staring, "Amma go sit down".

"Koolio", Devon said waving and grinning.

Peyton smiled..

Koolio? Idiot.

***
I was bored outta mind. The music was alright and everyone was having a good time. Since it was nearly one in the morning, everyone started to free up themselves. Some even went into the water to have sex.

Some girls who wanted to say I spoke to them, talked to me, but I just replied in monosyllables or ignored them or even replied coldly.

"Where is Stefan", I asked myself softly, since he was the one who made me come.

I started to dial Sean's number for him to pick me up, but someone pulled the phone out of my hand.

I looked up angrilly and saw Stefan.

Shirtless.

His abs looked rock hard and a line of hair from his navel disappeared down his pants waist.

"Hey. I was looking for you?", he said worriedly.

"For three hours? Kinda hard to believe", I answered coldly.

"Seriously. Ask Kaela or Paige", he said, unfazed by my coldness.

"Whatever", I replied, standing up.

"Look, you wanna go in the water?", he asked suddenly.

"Why not? I'm bored as hell", I said relieved.

"Love the navel ring", he said, holding my hand.

I tried to concentrate on the wave and the music and not the touch.

"Hey, back in St. Vincent, we don't do these kinda things you know. And like if we are having a beach bash or wet fête, we do it for twenty four hours. Also we don't dance to rap, rock, pop or r & b, we dance to soca, dancehall or ragga soda", he said as we neared the surf.

"Two questions", I said confused, "what is a wet fête and what is soca, ragga soca and dancehall?"

"A wet fête is where they take a hose and wet up everybody, but that happens during carnival. Soca, ragga soca, dancehall and reggae are genres of music. I'll play you some tomorrow", he said as the cold water swirled around my back.

Stefan went out further and I tried to follow, but I tripped over something and went under.

I could not swim.

I flailed my hands and tried to go something, anything, but to no avail.

Of course I couldn't grip anything. I was in the sea for God's sake!

Where I was standing, the water was up to my mouth. I only realized that as I tried to gulp some air.

Where the hell is Stefan? I thought.

About some seconds I realized that I had to give up, and also I was further out than I've thought.

The last thing that registered in my mind was Stefan.