Hey Keely

"She said that the English assignment is due tomorrow", my best friend Paige reminded me.

I sighed deeply then stared at her, my grey eyes for sure held a sort of danger in them, but her slightly green eyes were tinged with fear.

"So", I said, my voice like a dry knife on a piece of leather.

"Don't be so mean Keely, I'm just reminding you", she continued, walking towards the entrance of the school.

"For the last time Paige Seyton, I really don't care. I'll get it done", I replied coldly.

She sighed, obviously catching the drift.

I almost apologized.

Almost.

But I did not. For some inane reason, I wanted Paige to cuss me or diss me in front of the entire student body, but I knew personally that she would not.

After all, I'm a Lh'Avion and many people wanted, valued and treasured my friendship, but honestly, I really don't care.

Paige Seyton and I were friends from Kindergarten. She was a cute dark skin girl, with long, kinky, black hair and nearly green eyes. She was about five three.

She stood looking at this boy who she thinks should be with me. His name was Alex King or Kevin Stone. I honestly don't know which was an alias. Paige, who lives Ina fairy tale thinks we should be together.

As if I wanted a Prince Charming.

"Let's go", I said shortly.

"Yeah", she replied happily.

I groaned inwardly. If she wasn't my best friend, I would have already gotten rid of her.

Many years ago.

I stopped a while to speak to my sixteen year old twin sister, Na'Kaela, who was the exact replica of me. She had thick, long shiny, black hair, with red streaks ranging from dark red to light red.

Mine was pure black.

She had two dimples, a small straight nose and gray eyes. The only difference between us were our personalities and dress codes.

Kaela prefers to be around people. She is more the social and outgoing type while I prefer hanging out with Paige or myself.

I prefer dressing in black while Kaela prefers bright, vibrant colors.

Like a rainbow.

"Hey Keely", she said in her high pitched, slightly lilting voice. My voice lilts more than hers, but I try to deepen it.

"What?", I replied coldly, my voice probably sending chills across the school yard.

"Our two cousins are coming to visit tomorrow", she said, twisting a loose strand of hair and unaffected by my coldness.

"Who?", I asked blandly.

"René and Jason", she replied.

Of course, they are Maya's people. I really don't care.

"Whatever", I said, turning to face Paige who was standing there like she was dumb.

Damn.

"The guy who makes you smile Na'Keela, will be one lucky son of a bitch", Kaela taunted, then strolled off to meet her seventeen year old boyfriend, Keron Ashton.

I curled my lips in disgust. I walked with Paige to the nearby Jacaranda tree, all aglow with purple flowers. Secretly, it was one of my favorite spots.