Prologue

Aiden's POV

Another day at school what a bore. As I was walking out of Dust Valley High, I noticed a strange scent that made my nose tingle, it was a mix between nice smelling cologne, and tree bark. I was already halfway out of the parking lot when i spotted him, his foggy blue eyes, and his messy brown hair. He looked to be about 19 or 20. But, he was staring right at me.

His eyes looked amazed, as if he just won the lottery or something. He took a step towards me, and as soon as the shock of realization hit me, I noticed, HE was my mate. And although he was gorgeous, I just couldn't mate a pack member, no way no how. I could tell he was part of a pack just by how he dressed, and smelled. Packs and rogues hate each other! Heck! they despise each other!

And with that said, instead of facing fact that my mate was a pack member, I ran. I ran as fast as i could in the other direction, not even bothering to look back. I ended up stopping near an old tree to rest while I caught my breath. But no sooner then 2 minutes I heard bunches of deep growling noises. I looked behind the tree to see as many as 30 wolfs standing in 'attack mode' , ready to lunge at any given moment.

I covered my head and closed my eyes hoping that by the time I would open them they would be gone. Then I felt warmth around my body as 2 arms wrapped themselves around my petite figure. "Don't ever touch my mate, mine!" I realized it was my mate saying this, and also that he had his arms around me. Most of the wolfs just nodded their heads or ran off, considering they couldn't speak. But of course, my mate is not only a pack member, but he's the damn alpha of the pack.

Pic of old cover