Chapter 4~ Spotted

Peyton's POV

"Hey Jake? Do you smell that?" I asked my 3rd command. "umm, no. What's it smell like?" "Coconuts and Fanta soda." I admitted. I turned around to see the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen. My mouth dropped open as I spotted it. She had purple hair and beautiful brown eyes.

"Hey, who's that your staring at? Is that- Is That Your Mate!" Jake asked. I didn't respond because I noticed that she was running away. I started chasing after her. Why is she running?

GO GET MATE. My wolf, Ace said. Ok ok calm down. I instructed. I started running the way she did, but I couldn't catch her scent.

It was mixed in with about, 30-35 other scents, and some were strangely familiar. Soon enough I heard harsh growling and saw a purple wolf scratching and nipping at the others. I caught sight of one bite her in the leg. She howled in pain. I sniffed the air realizing that this was my pack. She shifted back into 'human form' , grabbed some clothes and whipped them on.

Our mate was just naked in front of about 30 wolfs in our pack! GO GET MATE! Ace yelled at me.

He tried to push his way out but I refused to let him. I walked over to her pushing most of the wolfs out of my way. I picked her up, bridal style and told the wolfs, "Don't ever, touch my mate again. Mine." Most of them nodded or ran off. I refocused on her since she was trying to push her way out of my grip. "Put. Me. Down!" she yelled. I set her down and she leaned up against a tree.

Her bite was slowly healing and closing up. "What's your name?" She asked blankly. "Peyton Marx." She reached down to touch her bite, which was only a scar now. "Well nice chattin with you Peyton but I'm afraid I have to go. uh, b-" Before she had a chance to say goodbye, I cut her off. "Wait do you even care if I'm your mate?"

"Uh, no. Bye" She saluted lazily then shifted and ran off. But I was too shocked and heartbroken to chase after her.

Wtf just happened. Ace asked. I have no idea. But we're gonna get her back. I felt him smirk as I walked back to the parking lot.

Pic of Peyton and his wolf, Ace