Chapter 1~ Awkward Moments... With the Beta

Aiden's POV

As I walked into Dust Valley High, I immediately got death glares from all the wolves in the Silver Talon Pack. I glared back at them and they walked away. All the humans were bustling around while the wolfs were in the halls, chatting and kissing their mates. Unlike me who had no mate in sight, and no desire of getting one. I walked over to my locker and put in my combination. After a few growls and punches, it opened up.

I got everything out I needed for Math and Reading, then slammed my locker closed. I don't know why I was always in a pissy mood, but I am. I slowly skipped down the hallway, messing up a few of the jocks' hair. They gave hard glares, but I smirked in return. I entered my Reading class and sat down in one of the seats in the back row. I propped my feet up on the desk and put my hands behind my head while leaning back in my seat.

"Miss Gylt! Get your feet off the desk! And this is the last time I'm going tell you!" The reading teacher, Mrs. Jefferson yelled at me. I stood up, stuck up my middle finger and pointed it at the teacher then stormed out of the classroom. I hopped on the railing of the stairs and slid down the rest of the way, not caring if I fell or not. when I reached the bottom, I hopped off then practically flew out the door.

I knew I was technically skipping school, but who gives a fuq? Not me, i'm considered the schools "bad ass" for a reason. I laid down on one of the outside picnic tables and put my hands behind my head. I closed my eyes for a second until I smelled the familiar scent of sweat and dirt.

Beta. My wolf Skye murmured. I opened my eyes, to find Trent, the beta of the Silver Talon Pack looking down at me.

"Hey guys, look what I found, a rogue, And by rogue, I mean Aiden." He announced to the other wolfs that he arrived with.

"Oh, nice to see you too jack-a$$" I replied shutting my eyes once again. Trent has been trying to catch and turn me into the alpha for years, but has failed each time. I'm just too fast and agile. "I would take you to the alpha, but there's too many humans around that could see us. So I'll let you go this time. But don't think that I can't catch you, because I can."

"So why haven't you mister smarty pants?" I sat up and looked him straight in the eyes.

"ummmm.....uhhhhh.....ugh." he mustered out. "yeah I thought so." I got up from my spot, trying to get away from him. "Hey aren't you supposed to be in school?" " Yeah, but the teacher pissed me off so I took a break." He gave me an eye roll.

Ok this is getting weird, Aiden. Your having a civilized conversation with the guy who tries to turn you in to the alpha, practically every day. Skye told me.

yeah yeah, I'll wrap this up real quick.

"umm, hey Trent i'm goin back inside. bye" I walked away not even bothering to looking back at him.

Real smooth Aiden, real smooth.

Why thank you wolfy

I reentered the school building just in time for the principal to walk by. "What were you doing outside Aiden? Please don't tell me you skipped class again." She asked. I nodded my head in reply.

She pinched the bridge of her nose with her fore finger and thumb. "You know I hate to punish you." I shrugged my shoulders.

She held up 2 fingers, telling me that I had 2 hours of detention.

The principal, Mrs. Marx, is the Alpha's mother.

I'm lucky that she has taking a liking to me, or else i wouldn't be going to this school, and I would be in the alpha's prison. I walked back up to my reading class and grabbed my stuff. Then I headed to art, which was after math, considering I had missed both reading and math.

When I arrived, I saw that Delilah, the schools whore, had joined our class.

you wanna have some fun Skye? I asked.

Hell yeah.

So for the whole art class, I was flinging paint into Delilah's hair. Best art class ever.

Pic of beta Trent and Aiden