7: Hide Away

Clare's POV
I walked slowly towards my house. Well, Joe's house. School had finished an hour ago, why do buses always take so long?

It was covered in birthday banners and decorations for her birthday and, as much as I like Joe, her party's are always hardcore, no joke. Instead of going up the path, I turned towards the woods tightening the straps on my rucksack. And as soon as I reached a part of the estate where no one was around, I used my full speed and ran as fast as I could to the safety of the woods, which only took 55 seconds.

Apart from the ability to use wildlife and nature around me (on top of being able to grow plants, trees etc quickly) I had super speed and higher quality senses than most people.

The woods had become my safe haven, far away from human life. After I had reached the woods, I stopped and found my den. Most people would walk straight past it, the tree house I mean. I had found the ruins of this tree house by accident and decided to take residence there. Of course, I lived in Jo's house, but a majority of my personal belongings were hidden here.

As I was going to get dressed, I grew the plants around me, shielding me from view as I changed clothing. Normally, I would steer away from black clothing, but this was different. My old friend had made it for me. Stain proof, hard to tear and with hidden pockets it was perfect in almost every way. It was composed of black leggings, black shirt with long sleeves, black boots and an extra jacket that never restricted my movements.

After that, I put my rucksack in the treehouse, it had all my stuff from school as well as my normal and spare clothes. Definitely don't want to loose them!

After about an hour of running, I found the clearing I always visited. The gigantic oak still stood as strong and tall as always, the bench was old and degraded, making it unsafe to even the lightest of people.

Instead of sitting on the bench, I sat under the tree to relax, knowing I'd have only a few hours left as the sun was almost beginning to set. I had nearly drifted off when I heard the sound of someone running, they were breathing heavily, as if they had not stopped.

I jumped up fully alert, not realising there was a branch above my head.

"Ow!" I whined, the world spinning a little before the blurred lines came together again. I started to run towards the noise. When something caught my eye. The person was quite idiotic, choosing to wear wights and greys, colours that easily stain. I also took not of the how slow they were actually running , compared to yours truly.

"Why are they running?" I thought to myself as I started chasing them, being careful not to go too fast, for the person's sake. I was gonna hurt that guy (or girl) when I got a hold on them. For ruining a good day of course!

As soon as I was close enough, I jumped, knocked them over, and rolled off the path. To say they were shocked would be an understatement. When they stopped moving, I got off and slowly they turned over.

"Oh for crying out loud!" I spat," Just hurry up already!"

"Oh no..." the person muttered, turns out it was a dastardly male.

After a few seconds, the male pulled the hood off, being ever so careful. It was then the sun shone and lit up their face and I gasped in shock.

"Dan?!" I yelped, staring at the guilty looking idiot in front of me.

"Hi." he replied sheepishly, looking down at the floor.
_________________