Chapter Three

I drove in to the school parking lot and quickly parked. Dame the morning traffic, I am running late, it's already ten past nine and its Magaisa's class that I am running late for. He will probably ask me to leave, but right after embarrassing me in front of the whole class. I quickly get out of my car and start heading out of the parking lot when I hear someone shout out to me.

"Hey fat ass are your eyes seriously for decoration or can you see with them,"

I look up to see Rachel and Aisha standing at the exit of the car park. I give them a puzzled look as I get closer,

"I have been waving at you for ages" Aisha explains,

"Oh I am sorry I didn't see you, I was worried about being late for Magaisa's class, speaking of which what are you two doing here shouldn't you be in class by now?"

"Well we couldn't let you get grilled by Magiasa alone now could we?" Rachel responded.

"Plus if Rach is with you Magaisa will probably let you off the hook," Aisha winked at Rachel

I engulfed Rachel in a bear hug and kissed her on the cheek,

"You guys are amazing, you're the best"

"Cut your mushy cheesy crap and hurry up" Aisha said turning around and starting to walk off.

"Oh there is  no need to get upset I will hug you too," I laughed as wrapped my arm around Aisha's neck from behind

She pulled herself away,

"Tammy I'm serious hurry up, if we are really late even Rach won't be able to save us from him,"

Out of us three Aisha was the most sensible one, always knowing when to get serious. We quickly hurried up and got into the economics and finance building. We entered the class and as expected Magaisa got up to embarrass us.

"And why may I ask are you three late, class started fifteen minutes ago and you now that no one enters my class even a minute after it starts unless they have an extreme emergency situation,"

God this man was such a dictator, sometimes he would act so bad that even Hitler would look like a saint in comparison to him. Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but he is really horrible. Rachel quickly stepped forward,

"Sorry sir it's my fault, I was supposed to give a lift to Aisha but my car tier got punctured and Tammanah had to drive back from school to pick us up. I am really sorry but could you please excuse us this once," she gave him a puppy-eyed face. Her acting skills never ceased to amaze me.

His eyes and facial features softened up a little at the sad look on Rachel's face,

"I guess its not your fault, the situation that could not be helped. At least you are all here to attend the majority of the class. Go ahead and take your seats, but remember this is the only time you will be excused" Magaisa smiled at Rachel. We quickly took our seats and Rachel turned to me and winked. Dictator or not, before Rachel he was like a servant bowing to her every wish. Don't get me wrong it was not like he was in love with her or some other perverted situation. It was more like a father bowing to his darling daughters every wish. I had known Rachel since we were in kindergarten, we had grown up together and I had never come across a man who did not bow to her every wish and feel obliged to protect, cherish and love her. She had the sweetest, kindest and caring personality, I have never met anyone like her. She always had a smile on her face and went beyond her limits to help people. To complement her personality she had a tall slender figure and the most lovable face ever. She had light green eyes and small cherry red lips. Her complexion was pure white surrounded by her long ash blond hair. But I knew that behind this happy and bubbly appearance she hid a lot of pain. We both shared the same pain, both of us were fatherless. The only difference was mine did not choose to leave me and he was not in this world to come and meet me ever again. Hers chose to leave when she was only eight years old and never even once looked back to see her again. No one knew this other than me. Not even Aisha. The three of us were, as cliché as it may sound, like soul sisters, but the bound I had with Rachel went much deeper than my bound with Aisha. We had met Aisha in sophomore year at school and since then we had become inseparable. Aisha was from Kashmiri background. She was really tall and had wide shoulders and dark hair and really big brown eyes. She was very sweet, smart but she also was extremely sensitive and emotional. She would get jealous of me and Rachel if we ever spent any time together without her or if I ever hugged her first. She never verbalised it but she was not happy about the fact that I and Rachel were connected to each other on a different level and that we had somethings we could never talk to her about.