chapter one

A huge house sat in the middle of the most beautiful garden I have ever seen. Its likes having all the colours of the rainbow scattered in one place. There were roses, tulips, daffodils, carnations, orchids, Lilly's and many more that I don't even know the names of, but they were there in every colour possible. Along on side of the garden ran a beautiful little stream, with clear blue water and gorgeous little fish. A little bridge went over the lake towards an even bigger green field which had trees surrounding it.

"Wow, how big is this garden" I whispered,

"As big as you would like it to be my darling" a male voice responded whilst his arms snaked around my waist. His voice sounded amazing. Husky and seductive, the perfect manly voice. So smooth to the ear like honey trickling down your throat. I asked another question just to hear his voice again,

"Whose garden is this?"

He laughed, "It's yours, my love"

Oh my Allah his laugh, it was like the sound of ripples in the sea water. I felt his broad chest shake against my back as he laughed. Wait, its mine? How is this place mine?

"How is this mine?" I asked as I started to turn in his arms.

"Darling wake up, your alarm has been ringing for past 10 minutes, Tamanah wake up you will be late for school,"

My mum started shaking me awake. I opened my eyes to realise it was all a dream.

"Mum you just woke me up from the best dream ever your so mean," I moaned at my mother.

She gave me one of her sweet smiles, "Jani, dreams are best seen awake so that you can full fill them, but Insha Allah your dream will come true." She is the world's best mother. There is just me and her in our family. She has been working so hard to make sure I get everything in life so that I never feel that I am fatherless or miss his presence in my life. She full filled the role of both a mother and father to me. But nowadays you can see how much it's tiring her out. She is starting to get little wrinkles around her huge hazel eyes. Mother is 5ft 10", just an inch above my 5ft 9", She has really big hazel eyes that are bordered by super long thick dark lashes. I always tell her she doesn't need mascara or lipstick because Allah has naturally blessed her with the most beautiful rosy colour lips and those long lashes. She has the most loveable face ever.

"Lewani, why are you staring at me like that, get up and get ready,"

"But mummy your too beautiful, I can't stop staring at you," I say in a baby voice and jump at her, wrapping my arms around her neck. She wraps her arms around me and starts laughing. Her laugh is like sweet honey to my ears, it makes the worst day the best day for me.

"Sweetie get ready you're going to be late for school," she says as she places a kiss on the back of my head whilst stroking my hair.

"Yes sir," I salute her and jump off the bed running to the bathroom. I can hear her laughing behind me and I am quite sure she is shaking her head at me right now.  I brush my teeth and wash my face. I quickly pull up my long, light brown hair up into a high bun over my head and start stripping down. My hair is too long and thick, if I wash it in the morning it would take forever to dry. I jump into the shower and have a quick five-minute shower. I come out of the bathroom wrapped in an extra-large towel, I can't come out of the shower in clothes as I don't feel good about taking clean clothes into the bathroom with me. Plus in this large house, there is no one other than my mother, so if she sees my bare shoulders it doesn't matter. As I walk towards my bedroom I see my mother coming out of the spare room next to my bedroom. I start singing one of her favourite Bollywood songs for her, "meri khabo main jo aayi, aa ki mujhy cheri jayi, usko kaho kabhi samani tu ayyai," I start dancing as I am singing and my towel almost slips off. She starts laughing so much that she's holding her stomach from pain.

"Lewani, khare, what am I going to do with you?" she asked once she stopped laughing.

"Love me?" I reply sheepishly.

"Get moving silly girl, you have thirty minutes to get ready and go to school,"

"Baby you know I only need five minutes to get ready, beauty doesn't need time to get ready, it is always ready," she laughs and lightly smacks me on the head. I walk into my room and get dressed. I pull on some back skinny jeans and dark blue shirt dress that goes up to just above my knees. I quickly moisturise my face and put on some foundation because I am anaemic so my skin becomes really pale and pasty sometimes so the foundation helps brighten it up. Next, I apply some black pencil eyeliner to the water lines of my eyes and mascara to my eyelashes. I brush on a bit of blusher to my cheek and some light pink lip gloss on my lips. I unravel the messy bun above my head and brush my hair quickly and then pull it into a nice neat bun, which I then cover with the under cap of my hijab. I pick out one of my nice blue and black hijabs, this one is plain blue with three black strips along the lengths of both sides. After spraying on a bit of perfume, today is Coco Mademoiselle, I give myself a once over look in the mirror to make sure I look ok. My light blue eyes stick out at me from the mirror, I inherited my father's blue eyes. Every time I see them in the mirror I remember my father and thank Allah for them because it makes me feel like my father is always close by watching me. Other than my eyes the rest of my face looks like my mothers, I have her lashes her high cheekbones, her small nose and her round face. Her lips are more pinkie whereas mine are paler, but that might just be because I have always been anaemic.

"Tamanah," mum calls out to me from downstairs and brings me out from my thoughts.

"Yes Mother," I shout back

"Come downstairs and have breakfast,"

"Yes mother dearest," I grab my bag and head downstairs. As I near the kitchen I realise that mother is not alone as there is a male voice. I open the kitchen door to see the back of a man sitting at the table. He has golden brown hair and really broad shoulders and nicely built body, Astaghfir Allah what am I saying, it's haram to stare at a non-mahram. Just then mum notices me,

"Sadqa, come in and say Salam to Haroon," just then the man turns around in his seat. Oh my Allah...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Lewani = Crazy

* Khare = female donkey

* Jani = love

* Sadqa = loving endearments such as love or sweetheart

*"meri khabo main jo aayi, aa ki mujhy cheri jayi, usko kaho kabhi samani tu ayyai," = The one who comes in my dreams, Comes and teases me, Tell him to come before my eyes sometimes (pretty much means this)

Please Comment and vote if you like this as it will motivate me to write more. Thank you