Chapter 8

I wake up to the hard pounding of metal on metal. And, on top of that, I have a terrible headache. I can see I'm not the only one either. Some people in the Dorm partied hard.

"Listen up, I don't want to hear about all of your guys terrible hangovers. It's your faults. We want you all down to The Pit in an hour for training. Don't be late!" Four said, smirking.

As soon as he left, I got up to get dressed and felt the cold rush over me and more pounding inside my head. Geez, today is going to be hard. I thought to myself rolling my eyes.

"Hey, is your head hurting as much as mine?" Eve asked me, patting my shoulder. I nodded back towards her.

As soon as Eve and I got dressed we left to go eat. I grabbed a chocolate muffin, apple and a juice. I'm not so much of a heavy eater in the mornings.

"So, what do you think we're gonna do today in training?" Eve asked. I shrugged my shoulders in reply "I don't know."

As we walked into the training room I noticed shooting dummies, knife boards and a huge mat for supposed fighting.

"Okay initiates. Today you will all be starting on your training by knife throwing." Eric said, smirking. I had the sneaking suspicion that this guy was just as sadistic, as his appearance. Or is that just me?

"Initiate come forward." Eric said, ushering me to come stand by him. "Everyone grab a set of knifes and start throwing." His voice boomed. I was still standing by him when he turned to speak to me.

"So, how's your hangover?" He said, grinning from ear to ear. What the hell? Did he just instantly become my fucking stalker?

"Um, I'm sorry. What?" I replied, a confused smile on my face.

"Oh you know what I'm talking about. Don't be so stupid. I saw you partying hard." He said, nudging me, his smile becoming wider. If that was even possible.

"Oh my god. I got so drunk, I almost forgot that you're the biggest dick ever!" I said, rubbing my head, a twisted smile spreading across my face. Two can play at this game sweetheart. I turned only to be met with a burning sensation tingling in my arm.

"Wow. I never knew how much of a bitchy, smart ass you were, initiate." He said, anger obvious in his tone.

"It's only gonna get worse, baby." I said, twisting out if his grip. I left him with a shock expression on his face, letting him slowly turn the screws in his brain.

I strutted over to the table to get a set of knives and go to my own board.

"Woah dude! I can't believe you actually had enough guys to say that to him!" Eve said to him, her tone filled with excitement.

"You know, he's not really that intimidating." I said, shrugging.

"Wow. You did not just say that!" She said, slightly scared this time.

"I did. And you know what? I'm gonna say it again. ERIC IS NOT AN INTIMIDATING PERSON!" I shouted, as I missed the target board. I guess no one was paying any attention to me, because no one noticed when I said that except for Evelyn.

Then, as I thought this, I felt a large pair of hands slide their way to my waist moving my body. I turned to see who it was. Eric. Great. More lectures.

"You know if you followed my hands, you'd be able to do this lesson correctly." He said, sternly. Then, as he said this, I swiftly moved my hips in a swaying motion.

"That better sweetie?" I asked, innocently as the corners of my mouth turned to a grin. I then saw the slightest blush appear on his face, before he brushed it off as if it were nothing.

"If you're not going to listen, then you're not going to succeed, you ditz." He said, anger boiling in his voice. You could almost see the steam coming out of his nostrils.

"Fine." I replied. "What do you want me to do?" I asked. As if on command his mouth turned to a smirk. This was a sign that he thought he had won the battle. He was far from it. He moved his hands to the left side as my hips followed.

"Now, get your feet at shoulder length apart." He commanded me. I followed as he did. He took a deep breath in then exhaled as he threw as it made a bullseye. I did the exact same, and it landed right next to his, on the bullseye.

I did a small jump of excitement, then gave him a sly smile as to say thank you.

"I also heard what you said. And if I'm not that intimidating, then I guess my charm has already worn off on you. Unless you're as dense as I pegged you." He chuckled.

I breathed in, anger boiling inside me. Before I knew it I had thrown a knife at him, while he went to get the others.

"Initiate!" He shouted toward me. I just smirked, not showing any sign of fear toward this sadistic asshole.

"What're you gonna do? Huh?" I grinned a devilish smile at him. He came toward me, knife in hand. Before I knew it, a swift motion and the knife was held up to my throat. I just smiled in reply to his stupid action. "Do it. I dare you." I said, determined to keep eye contact with him.

"Come talk to me after dinner is over." He said, in a pleased tone. He let the knife drift down my neck before leaving.

I hadn't even noticed that everyone had left. That's peculiar. I almost am always aware of my surroundings. I scurried out of the room to be met with Eve, as we strolled down the Dinning Hall.