Chapter 7

"Are you done yet?" Evelyn asks me from across the room.

I had just finished putting my clothes away. I had tried on the dress and we were ready to head out for the party. I grabbed some red sparkled heels and we adventured to The Pit for the Dauntless party.

As we were walking towards the pit we made sure to cross The Chasm carefully. We held on tight to the railing on one side, making sure not to fall, and slip into the gushing water, that was on the other side of the bridge.

As we started to get closer to the 'gathering' music was heard, blaring throughout the pit. Electronic, Rock, Pop, Rap, anything, you name it.

Evelyn and I entered, the sight of people dancing to the beat. The air was brushed with smoke and the smell of alcohol. I crinkled my nose at the unfamiliar senses.

I actually had an unfamiliar desire to get a drink from the bar. I wanted to get a drink that I've heard of before. Rumchada. It looked so delicious. I ordered the drink. As for Evelyn, water. Just plain, old, water.

"You know Autumn, bad choices lead to bad consequences." She said, taking sips of her water.

"Oh, you know that won't happen!" I said, cheering a toast, and chugging the drink. It stung, but I soon got used to it.

"Hey, we should dance!" I yelled at Evelyn to let her hear me over the music. I grabbed her, and dragged her furiously to dance with me.

We started jumping to the beat of techno music and swaying to the rhythm.

Hm. Didn't know Dauntless was into this kinda stuff. Figures.

I all of a sudden felt dizzy.

Oh geez. I gotta sit.

I left Eve to fend for herself while I rested. My head was hurting like there was no tomorrow. I was gonna get out and I was gonna get out now or never!

I walked swiftly through the crowd of people, and saw that Eve was totally fine. She was being protected by Thomas. That was my sign to leave. I walked out the exit, and bumped into a wall. But, it wasn't a wall it was a person. I looked up to be captured into a icy blue stare.

"You're drunk." Eric said.

"Well no shit Sherlock." I said, scowling at him.

"I'll walk you down to the Dorms." He said, taking my arm and practically dragging me along.

From there, all I remember was black, blurry, and fuzzy.