Intertwined brows

Beth sat there brows knitted together and an expression that practically yelled 'WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING'. She made me feel like I had pulled the plug on the school electricity. Oh... that's right. I did.
"Stop looking at me like that, I didn't kill anyone" I yelled. I then realised she didn't do anything and instantly regretted it. Her facial expression changed almost immediately from a 'Where have you been' angry mother look to a 'IM GONNA KILL YOU, YOU SLUT!' Her face was dead, red and ready to kill.
She stood up and walked towards me. Backing away I hit the wall and inwardly curse. She was ready to murder me.
But what for?
Standing one and a half foot away from me was now a fuming Beth who looked about ready to brake my spine. If any one hands her an axe I will kill them.
She slowly lifts her hand to her face and then moves it higher before I could figure out what she was doing I had a red hand mark on my face and and screaming pain shaking hands with it.
"I get that some girls like to play with boys feelings, and I get that I don't know you that well but why do you have to be one of those girls who will play with the one boy who actually has feelings!" She said. I didn't understand.
What, who was she talking about?
I was shocked, hurt and being prepared for the slaughter.
"As much as I love your enthusiasm I have no idea what your talking about.'' I said immediately regretting it as my left cheek throbbed at the sudden movement.
My eyes retracted as she shoved a phone in my face. On the screen was a picture and some writing, her hand was wobbling so I couldn't figure out the writing but the picture was dead clear on what it was.
It was me lying on top of drake staring into his eyes and the I realised how bad it looked and snatched the phone out of her hands to read the following story or so it was called.
The tittle read

NEW HEART BREAKER IN TOWN.
Out Of School On A Chilli Week Day A Couple Was Spotted In A Compromising Position. Although No True Evidence Has Surfaced The Picture Explains Most. Rumours Have Circulated That A Certain New Student( Zarina (late name in not known for time being)) Is Not New To Fraternising With The Opposite Of Gender. Graduated Student Drake ,Brother Of Beth, Seemed Oblivious To Her Relationship Past And Was Shocked To Find Out She Was No Nun.

The article continued but I was unwilling to read the rest.
"Tell me it's not true" she begged. I looked into her sincere eyes and then laughed.
"Of course it's not true, I'm a total Nun. And that photo it was taken when drake was teaching me to ice skate and I slipped and fell on top of him.  And as for the 'fraternising with other boys' business, I have never had a relationship in my life." I said and she let out a sigh of relief. The last guy I thought looked like...well...hot he kinda...wellHeKindaThrewACreamPieInMyFaceOnAPrankDateAndRecordedIt.
So my past relationships aren't great.

We laughed until my stomach hurt and then fell on her bed trying to recover.
"Gawd, you really do jump to conclusions don't you?" I asked rhetorically.

"Well...yeah" she said with a slight hint of laughter.

"I'm gonna have a shower" I said walking out of the room and towards the bathroom. I grabbed my phone, went on Spotify, and played my favourite playlist right now.
Twisting the hot water knob I noticed something, What if I did fall for drake?
But quickly shoved the thought to the back of my mind. I couldn't possibly, he is Beth's brother.

The music blared through the my phone and I sang the lyrics.

Think I just remembered something
I think I left the faucet running
Now my words are filling up the tub
Darling, you're just soaking in it
But I know you'll get out the minute
You notice all your fingers pruning up

I'm tired of being careful, tiptoe, trying to keep the water warm
Let me under your skin
Uh-oh, there it goes, I said too much, it overflowed
Why do I always spill?

[2x]
I feel it coming out my throat
Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap
God, I wish I never spoke
Now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap

Think I got myself in trouble
So I fill the bath with bubbles
Then I'll put the towels all away
Should've never said the word "love"
Threw a toaster in the bathtub
I'm sick of all the games I have to play

I'm tired of being careful, tiptoe, trying to keep the water warm
Let me under your skin
Uh-oh, there it goes, I said too much, it overflowed
Why do I always spill?

[4x]
I feel it coming out my throat
Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap
God, I wish I never spoke
Now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap

Once the song finished I looked up at the bathroom ceiling and saw the steam billowing up and around the down light. I notice all the steam was escaping through a small crack on the side of the light were it hadn't been filled in properly. Stopping the water and getting dressed I asked Beth to come look at it.

I don't know why but we both felt weird about it as if it shouldn't be there.
Well of course it's not supposed to be there.
But you get what I mean. It felt like something bad was going to be caused by it.
We let it go after a while but decided to look up in the ceiling a bit later just to make sure.

"Hey I heard you singing 'soap' by Melanie Martinez. I love her songs she is amazing." Said Beth whilst we sat in the her room eating ice cream with chocolate chips and caramel sauce.

"Yeh, I love her hair" I said scooping another spoon full of sugary goodness into my mouth.

"Your really good, by the way...at singing I mean" she said shocking me, no ones really ever heard me sing before, and the people who have usually just ignore it.
I said thanks and then changed the topic,
"Soooo...want to watch a movie" I asked wanting to slap myself immediately.
"Nah, I wanna hear you sing again"

The song is soap by Melanie Martinez. And I'm not kidding, check her out she released her album cry baby today and me and my friend , Brenna, were like.
YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS.
she is amazing.