CHAPTER ONE THE VOICE

"Find the key Jacob" a distant voice murmured in Jacobs sleep, as he awoke with a headache wondering if that was an actual dream, Jacob has been unable to tell if some of the realistic dreams where related to his problems outside of is head, after the last incident Jacob had with the mutated falcon at the Roman Coliseum about three weeks ago.

Jacob rose from bed for the humiliating interview with Damien and the High Counsel, Damien has been working with the High Counsel for as long as Jacob could remember, and has been wanting to investigate the strange and unfamiliar dreams that Jacob has been having ever since he touched the key of Tambar, Tambar is the god that protected the fifth key that was hidden deep inside the a tomb of a long lost pharaoh, this key was said to have been cursed by the pharaoh, and whoever touched it without the appropriate gear (gear created by the sorcerers who ruled over the gate keys before they were stolen and separated) would be cursed with the visions of Tambar himself.

Jacob arrives outside of the headquarters of the Key Hunters base, and walks through the revolving doors. As Jacob is greeted by the secretary who was talking to one of the experimental scientists Abraham. Martha, the assistant training coach for new recruits pulls Jacob to the side "Hey J, you ready for the interview?" Jacob is stunned at the fact that a low class training coach would know about one of the most important interviews that would be held at the base. "Yeah, well I guess I'm pretty nervous, if you don't mind me asking Martha, how did you find out about the interview?" "Oh simple, I just shape shifted into a cat went outside and sat on the open windowsill until I heard some interesting information, that's what I always do when I see that the sign on the door says, meeting do not enter." Jacob looked surprised at what Martha had just told him, very very surprised. "Wha-what Martha?" Jacob asked stutteringly, still stunned from what she said. Martha chuckled at the fact that Jacob didn't understand her, then all at once the room turned into a dark and hopeless space filled with emptiness and Martha's chuckle turned into a deep evil meaningless laugh, and horror filled Jacobs eyes as the demonic Martha spoke in a very deep voice "I'm coming Jacob, and when I arrive, I expect the Ninth Key to be handed to me, find it Jacob an find it fast or else all hope will be lost." Then everything that changed went back to normal, and everyone seemed to of not even noticed what happened until everyone seen Martha faint and hit the ground, so everyone rushed over to where she was laying.

As Martha was rushed to the bases experimental emergency room, Jacob was getting ready for the interview with Damien and the High Counsel. As he walked in and sat down, both Damien and the High Counsel walked in and went to their seats, Jacob hasn't seen the High Counsel for about three weeks when they first met, they seemed to have a problem with Jacob ever since they watched him kill the mutated falcon at the Roman Coliseum with the powers granted from Aries, the legendary god of war. (From Jacobs keen sense of timing and acrobatic performance, super strength, and practically perfect swordsmen ship, the High Counsel thought of Jacob as a major problem if ever got the wrong idea and waned to betray the Key Hunters) Damien sits in front of Jacob and starts to speak. "Jacob before we get started with our original purpose, since you were talking to Martha this morning before her incident, do you have any idea why she fainted?" Jacob knew the exact reason why she fainted, he just wasn't sure if he told the truth that it could put the Key Hunters in danger, maybe even the whole world. "No Damien, I have no clue why she fainted this morning, we went from having a regular conversation from her saying she felt woozy and she just....collapsed."

:80":�'����