Chapter 40

{{ EDITED }}

Wayne

:

M-Maurice, what are you doing here?! You should just leave.." She said as she cascaded down the steps. While holding the hem of her maxi dress. Chase, was standing at the top of the steps,

"I came here.. To get you back, what I did was unforgivable but, I miss my son and you." He tried to step closer but, I put my hand to signal he was not welcome. "Man, I just want to talk to her! Yvette, this who you been fucking with?! playing house with my son?" He said raising his voice. I could see that Yvette was uneasy, she flinched at his voice, she was scared.

"Man, what you need to do is leave yung.." I said to Maurice and he gave me a look that was unsettling.

"Yvette, lets go! Now! I'm not fucking playing!"

"No, all your going to do is beat me! That isn't love!!" She shouted, he clinched both of his fist and tried to take another step closer to her.

"Man, you might not want to do that.." I said to him and he grew even more angry by the second. He was about to swing or say something, when Chase came down the steps.

"Daddy!!" He yelped and tried to run towards him, but, Yvette held him back. His fist loosened and a smile played upon is lips.

"C'mere lil man.." He said as he extended his arms, to his son,

"You won't be mean to mommy again?!" Chase questioned with a raised eyebrow as he held Yvette's hand.

"Come here. Chase!" Maurice said a little more sternly.

"Aye man, you need to go!" I stated for the now fifth time. He mugged the shit out of me.

"You ain't his daddy! Old square ass nigga!" he said lunging forward, and grabbing Chase's arm causing Chase to look up at him in fear. Before I knew it I had punched him in his mouth and he let go of Chase who ran into his mother's arms. I don't know what came over me but, I was about to whoop. his. ass!

"Bitch!" Maurice mumbled and hit me in my jaw. We start fighting for a good 5 minutes before I picked him up and body slammed him and started kicking him in his face and stomach.

"Wayne, stop your gonna kill him!" Yvette cried pulling me back. I looked at her breathing harshly. She was shaking her head no like this was all her fault.
I was trying to calm her down from the situation but, she was a little hysterical. I grabbed her cheeks and pecked her lips to try and relax her. "Calm down baby girl... —"

"Baby girl?!" Before I could respond this cowardly ass nigga pulled out a gun. "Yvette come on! Your leaving with me!" He shouted. Chase ran behind his mom legs, crying for his dad to stop.

"Aye man! Chill it ain't that serious yo'!" I stepped in front of her and Chase. He wasn't about to hurt him or her.

"Wayne, don't do this for me.. I'll go with him.." She said with sniffles.

"No your not!" I shouted, Chase was crying and trying to pull his mommy away. I didn't blame him. "And yo' son hea' man you need help! You on some shit!? You crazy as hell right na'!" I yelled at his as he started to punch himself in the head and talking to himself. He was definitely on something.

He crazy ass cocked the gun. "Let's GO YVETTE!" He screamed as he clenched his teeth and balled his fist up in pure anger. The gun was shaking in his hand. She shook her head no as she cried louder.

He nodded as tears ran down his own eyes. "Cool then!" He said as he licked his lips pointed the gun at her. "I loved you!" He pulled the trigger. It was like in slow motion, I pushed her back forcefully as she fell back. I felt a sharp hot pain shoot through my chest. Blood squirted out of the two bullet wounds as I fell to the ground.

"MAURICE! What d-did y-you d-" Yvette stammered as my eyes fluttered back and forth. Chase was at my side shaking me.

"Wake up Mr. W!! Please!" Maurice dropped the gun in pure horror and ran out of the house.

That was the last thing I remembered before I blacked out.

****

Thalia

:

Chandler, was making funny faces to Mica as I cooked our dinner. "Aye babe?"

I looked back from what I was doing to see what he wanted. "Yes?" I questioned as I turned the eyes on the stove down.

"I was thinking — thinking that we should have a family outing you know, me, stinka over hea', your parents, and mine." He said with a smiled. "Oh and your brother of course mine as well."

"Awh, that will be nice Chandler, so everyone can get to know one another since we are getting married." He nodded and continued to bounce Mica up and down.

"You better stop before she slobs in your mouth." He smirked.

"My baby wouldn't do that to — Awh hell.." I looked back to see him sitting Mica down and wiping spit of his mouth.

"Told you." I said as I busted out laughing, his face wasn't amused.

"You jinxed me." He said as he ran after me and hug me from behind. Mica started giggling, and me and Chandler both looked around to see her babbling on the phone.

I smiled and Chandler, let me go, to go retrieve my wet phone by now. He handed it to me, "Hello??" I questioned as I heard a frantic voice over the phone.

"Wait a minute! Yvette, slow down honey what happened??" I listened carefully as my whole world fell apart. Her words turned into a foreign language as I dropped the phone, nearly passing out in the process. My other half got shot.

"BABY!" Chandler, said as he caught me with ease. He picked up my phone and a screaming Yvette filled his ears. "Ight calm down Yvette! We will be there in a few minutes." He ended the call and fanned me. Mica held my nose causing me to gasp for air. Tears flew to my eyes as I thought about what she said.

"Maurice shot him! He shot him! I caused this, I caused the man of my dreams to get SHOT! AND he's not waking up!!"

"Thalia! Wake up baby girl come back.. Mommy!" I held my heart as a sharp pain flew threw it. A sign of heartbreak.

"Thalia come on your brother needs you baby.." I nodded and grabbed a banking Mica as we all walked to the door. Exiting the house. My heart aches and I prayed my only brother was okay.

____

DUN DUN DUNNN!

Why Wayne?

Maurice?

Yvette??