Part 2-Tap

Part Two- Tap

So it turns out that that couch was really fucking uncomfortable.

I pulled the blanket off me and sat up, groaning at the crook of my neck. Kyle had already left and rehearsal started in twenty minutes. I sighed and stepped onto the hardwood floor, treading to the bathroom. After popping two pain meds and getting dressed, I finally felt my muscles ease up.

My long brown hair went up into a bun and I dressed in the simple stretch pants and a sports bra, not wanting to change once I got to the theater. After grabbing an apple, I got onto the subway.

"Excuse me?" I look up to see a twenty something red haired woman and I took out my ear buds, putting away the script whose lines I had to memorize.

"Can I help you?" I ask her and she smiles.

"Is that you?" She points to the poster behind her back and I look up to see the Broadway promo posters we shot last week. The poster were planted onto the wall and although there was already profanity written on it, I couldn't help but feel pride.

"Yeah, I'm the lead dancer in that," I smile at her.

"That's amazing. My daughter is obsessed with anything Broadway, can you sign something for me? Hold on, I have a piece of paper somewhere," she says to me, digging around the purse.

"Um, actually I can do you one better," I tell her and pull out a few passes out of my purse, I had them because Carter wanted me to promote the play and this counted right? "These are backstage passes for opening night. I'll give you two for you and your daughter. If you guys decide to come, these will let you backstage and come find me, I'll give you a tour."

"That's amazing! Thank you," She smiles at me. "Your name is?"

"Valentina Vallows and you are?" I ask her.

"Maggie, Maggie Smithson." She smiles and takes the tickets and the passes. "My daughter, Talia, will be very excited. She wants to be a dancer to."

"I'd be glad to meet her," I smile at Maggie and then step off the subway a few minutes later. The push of people forced me up the stairs and onto the New York street.

The moment I stepped into the theater, I was almost run over by a giant replica of the Eiffel Tower.

"Sorry Tina!" Gary from props yelled out and I look around confused. There were people sitting in the seats, dressed crazily.

"Carter!" I call out, "What's going on?"

"Extras auditions!" He yells back and then turns to people with green faces, "FOR THE LAST TIME! THE WICKED AUDITIONS ARE DOWN THE STREET!"

"Aw, damn it." I hated the Extra Auditions. Everybody thinks they're going to end up as Clint Eastwood or Matt Damon.

I walked up the stage to Carter and waited until he was down getting rid of the Wicked auditions.

"I hate Extras Auditions," he mumbles, "Everybody thinks that they're the next Clint Eastwood."

"That's what I was thinking," I snort. "What can I do to help?"

"Go stand by the door; anyone with a green face is for Wicked. Send them down the street," he says and I start to walk off before he stops me, "Also, if a woman by the name Jasmine stops by, I left to teach acting in Africa this morning."

"Wait what?" I look at him incredulously.

"One night stand, don't ask." He says and I roll my eyes, walking to the door to play Bouncer.