Part 6- Clogging

Part Six- Clogging

The door opened behind me and I swung around from the mirror, grinning at Carter and swinging the bottle of wine in my hands, gulping it down.

"Valentina!" He gasps at me, taking strides and standing in front of me. I simply pick up another wine glass and fill it to the top.

"Come have a sip, it's a two thousand dollar wine," I wink at him and his eyes widen. "I have Kyle's credit card!" I sing out.

"You're pregnant!" He tells me and I grin, turning away from him. The two cocktail dresses sat on his bed and I held them up. One was a sexy black cutout dress, paired with blue heels, a matching purse and ridiculously long earrings while the other one was a hot pink strapless mini dress and gold heels.

"Carter, which one looks better? I'm going out," I hold them up, loosening the robe and standing in a strapless bra and black lace underwear. His jaw unhinges for just a second before it snaps shut. He tries to look anywhere except me.

"Valentina, put some clothes on," he demands and I laugh.

"That's what I'm asking you!" I giggle and then turn to the mirror. He shoves his hands in the pocket of his dark jeans and I try the hot pink dress, slipping into it and wiggling around. "What do you think?"

"I think you look like a disco ball that's been dropped in a tank of Peeps," he says and I grin.

"And there's the honest Carter I know and love!" I take off that dress, drink more wine and then put the black cut out dress on. "Ooo, I like this."

"Valentina!" he grabs my arm and makes me face him. I tilt my face up to look into his intense brown eyes. "This morning, you were pregnant. Are you still pregnant?"

"Carter, guess what?" I sway and smile at him.

"Valentina!" He growls and bit my lip.

"No," I whine. "Guess what?"

"What?!" he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not pregnant!" I sing out and hug him quickly.

"Really? What happened to the test you took?" He asks and I think back to the afternoon with the doctor.

"I'm not pregnant?" I sigh in relief as the doctor confirms it. "What about the test I took? And I'm late."

"Well, you probably took the test too early, and that caused it to give you a false positive, there are also a number of other things. Your period being late... well you are on the pill which causes minimum bleeding. Sometimes you don't even get one. You also have an increase in physical activity and stress."

"So I'm really not pregnant?"

"No. Sorry?"

"OH THANK GOD!" I groan loudly and look up at the ceiling. "Thank you dear, sweet lord."

"Well, congrats then," she laughs and I just hug her tightly.

"You just saved me from being stuck with a cheating douche bag for the rest of my life and from giving up my career," I hug her tightly before releasing her.

"No problem, really. I'll have the nurse come in with your bill," she says and I nod with a sigh of relief.

"And now! I'm going to par-tay like all twenty five years olds do and you are coming with me."

"Valentina, we have a show at three tomorrow-"

I put a finger over his lips.

"I know, but why don't we just be an itty-bit irresponsible for once, hmm? You're twenty- nine Carter! We have so much left to do. Let's go out with my hot single friends and I'll set you up and get super drunk and be happy about the fact that you didn't just lose your lead. Lise lives another day!" I cheer and he sighs.