nine

Liam had agreed not to tell my dad that Niall and I had been together many times, which I thanked him for. Of course he warned me to stay away and I lied and said I would, although we both know that's not happening.

I had already made plans again with Niall tonight, but sneaking out wouldn't be a problem this time because my dad, Liam, and my step-mom had to go pick up someone from the airport tonight so they wouldn't be able to get in my way. Apparently I have another step sibling who's coming home from college that no one ever decided to tell me about until today. 

My dad had insisted that the entire family should eat dinner together because Zayn and I should 'get to know everyone better,' but it was mostly directed towards me because I'm anti social and hate most people. Zayn had got on fine with Liam and our step mom, he even helped make dinner for everyone. I sat in my room until I was forced to come out and have a torturous meal with everyone.

Sophia was there, which was good for me because the two of us had become somewhat friends in the few days I knew her. It was really my step-mom who I didn't really like, she was nice but she got on my nerves a lot and tried to start conversations with me too much. 

"So have you made any friends here yet?" My step-mom asked and I shoved another spoonful of mac n cheese in my mouth.

"No." I said with my mouth full.

"Yeah, she doesn't really have any friends back home either." Zayn chimed in.

"Shut the fuck up, Zayn."

The entire table went silent and all eyes were giving me dirty looks. At first I had no idea what happened but then I realized that my choice of words were not family appropriate. This goodie-two-shoes family needs to learn some new vocabulary because the modern day teenagers throw around a lot worse.

"So how about those New York Giants this season?" Liam broke the awkward silence and saved me from further embarrassment. At least I know I have Liam on my side, even if he gets football season wrong.

"Honey, football hasn't started yet." My step-mom retorted and tried to hold back a laugh. Shout out to Liam for sucking up all the embarrassment.