1 : n a v i a

I decided I needed a break from the endless hours of work that I put upon myself. Drowning the pain and the memories in toil was not the answer. Today would be the last day of work for me before I took a week long break off of being a surgeon.

I stare at the hollow reflection of myself in the gorgeous mirror I purchased when I first bought the single-story house I lived in today.

Staring back at me was what I called a typical South Asian appearance. Due to my Indian ancestry, there was little space for creativity. My complexion was to my luck, a mix of my father's dark skin and my mother's beautiful light one, leaving me with a light tan look. My jet black, long, straight hair was neatly braided and placed over my shoulder. My high cheekbones allowed for a beautiful apply of makeup, as my friends told me, but I tended to stay away from it. I must say that my best feature was my eyes, because no matter how bland they were, it was what I got most complemented for. My eyes were wide and unsurprisingly dark brown, and suited me well when I did what I enjoyed to do: dance.

At the tender age of 9, I started dancing Barathanatyam, a form of Indian Classical Dance, and has remained a hobby still.

Sighing, I grabbed my powder and some kajal. I never went to extensive on the makeup, as I believed it to be a waste of time and money.

Although I was at an average height of 5'4", I never wore heels regularly as they were bad for your spine and feet (and God forbid I couldn't walk in them). Instead, I wore a pair of black flats and headed out the door after grabbing my black handbag. Once I was outside, I made sure to lock my door several times - I must have gotten the apprehensiveness from my mother - and stepped into my silver Porsche.

I wouldn't say I was rich, but my hefty check of almost 300,000 dollars after tax reductions had some nice benefits.

A/N:
Ok this chapter is short but I just needed it as an introductory type of thing! The next chapter will surely be better and more interesting!