Chapter 6

I decide against the group chat idea. I just feel that by doing so I might annoy them or it just won't work. I need to find out what happened. It's the worst when your friends have completely abandoned you and you don't know why.

Today when I ran into my friends it was mainly Veronica speaking to me. But, only because we were best friends. It just seemed like the other girls didn't really care, but I wasn't so kissy kissy with them either so it doesn't bother me.

Veronica and I have been friends since the day we met which was in second grade. We would always have playdates and later on we would hang out. We were really good friends and I was so happy I met somebody like her.

The other girls came from other schools in the sixth grade. Veronica knew most of them so she decided to have them join us. It didn't start to all fall down the same year but towards the end of the next year. I just felt the other girls didn't like me and I think they don't. But, Veronica hadn't noticed until the end of the summer. She texted me asking how I felt about the other girls and I decided to be honest with her:

I don't think they like me at all. Do you see the way they look at me? It's like i'm some weird gross inhumane creature. I know thats a little detailed but thats how I feel when they stare. They also never invite me to things. You ask me if I was coming too and I wouldnt even know what youre talking about!

After that, she got mad at me. She accused me of making a big joke out of her serious question. She clearly was in denial and refused to think anything I said was true. She stopped talking to me after and I was surprised she said anything to me at all today.

She might be trying to make amends.

Or she is just a person who still cares about her person but won't show her full on emotions in front of her friends.

This could be the end of our friendship or a tool box to repair our crumbling old one.