|3|

a/n I know this probably seems like an Ashton fanfic but it's not! He's going to be more like the brother figure in her life. The Luke stuff is coming, it'll just take a few chapters. I don't want to rush it :) AND CALUMS LAUGH o.O so cuteeeee

I was sat down for my last class on Friday, when I heard the rustle of someone sitting down in front of me.

It was Victoria. I stared at the back of her head for a couple of seconds, before looking back down at my hands slowly.

I had hoped I could just ignore her or pretend I didn't exist for the entire class. But then she turned around to face me.

"Hi, I'm Victoria. Are you friends with Calum?" She asked cautiously.

"Yeah, I supose." I said after a brief pause.

"Okay. It's just that I saw you sitting with them yesterday," she told me. She looked over me, as if she was scanning me.

"Is there something you want?" I asked her once she had finished staring.

"Give this to Calum." She said shortly, handing me a piece of folded over paper.

"Okay." I said uncertainly. Victoria looked at me for a few more seconds before she turned around.

I looked around the classroom. I didn't usually mind having a class without any of the boys, because it was a little bit more peaceful, but right now, I really wanted to talk to someone. I wasn't really sure if I was supposed to give Calum the note or not, because his reaction to Victoria the other day wasn't very good.

I decided that I would talk to them later.

"Open your books to the page we were on, on the previous day." Mr Cashel told us.

I knocked on Ashton's apartment door. It was swung open a few seconds later by Luke.

"Hey Nina. What's that?" He pointed at the note Victoria had given me, which was clutched in my hand.

I raised an eyebrow at him. I didn't expect him to notice it.

"Victoria told me to give it to Calum." I winced. "I didn't know if I should or not."

"Oh. Do you think we should give it to him?" Luke asked uncertainly.

"Well, he has the right to see it, but it's probably going to upset him." I pondered.

"Yeah. Maybe we should wait." He suggested.

"Okay." I agreed. "I'm sorry."
"It's okay. I really want to open it!" Luke laughed.

"You really want to open what? Hey Nina." Calum came over to us.

Luke froze.

"Hi Calum!" I said in hopes of distracting him.

"What do you really want to open? Is it a present?" Calum wiggled his eyebrows.

"It's nothing." Luke sighed. Calum lowered his gaze to the piece of paper.

"Is that it?" Calum asked hopefully.

"No." I answered quickly.

"Really?" Calum raised his eyes brows at us. "I'm not stupid."

"Go away Calum." Luke shoved him lightly.

"Let me see!" Calum whined, grabbing it out of Luke's hand. Luke and I exchanged a nervous glance as Calum began reading it.

"Oh." He muttered. He handed it back to Luke.

"I don't want to read the rest." He sighed. "Please just get rid of it."