|4|

Ashton and his aero dynamic nose ;p

I woke up late on Saturday morning. I glanced at the alarm clock beside my bed, which read half eleven. I sat up in my bed and checked me phone. I had a text from Ashton. All of the boys had put their numbers on my phone yesterday 'in case of an emergency'. I opened the text.

You're hanging out with me today. Be ready by twelve ;)

I frowned at the vagueness of the text. I texted him back.

How do you know I don't have plans?

He sent a reply moments later.

Do you?

I cringed. I had walked into that one. I sent a hesitant reply.

No. See you in half an hour.

He didn't reply after I sent it. I reluctantly managed to carry myself out of bed, and I went downstairs and made myself a slice of toast.

"Morning honey." Mum said, walking in the front door as I sat down at the kitchen counter with my piece of buttery toast.

"Morning." I said groggily. I still wasn't really awake.

She had a shopping bag full of food dangling from the crook of her arm. I went over and took it from her, carrying it over to the counter. I helped her unpack the food, then I went back to eat my now slightly cold toast.

"Have you any plans for today?" She asked as she took out ingredients for whatever she was making. My mum loved baking and cooking, but she only had time for it on the weekends.

"Yeah, I'm hanging out with Ashton today. He's coming by for me at twelve." I told her.

"Oh lovely! Ashton is a very nice boy!" She said happily. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Please don't start Mum." I sighed, finishing off my toast.

"Go get ready!" Mum said, so I went into my room.

I didn't really know what Ashton and I were doing so I didn't know what to wear.

After debating with myself whether or not I should, I called Ashton. He picked up straight away.

"Hello?" I said uncertainly.

"What's up buttercup?" He sang cheerfully.

"What are we doing?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He said.

"Today, what are we doing? At twelve?" I asked him again.

"Oh! It's a surprise! I mean, it's not very exciting but maybe it'll seem more exciting if it's a surprise!" He explained excitedly.

"Well what should I wear?" I asked impatiently.

"Nothing fancy. Just jeans or whatever. That kind of thing." He suggested.

"Okay. See you soon I guess." I hung up.

I wouldn't admit it to anybody, but I was kind of nervous. I was pretty closed off, and since I was an only child, I didn't really communicate with that many kids until I went to school, and even then I just didn't try to talk to the other kids. I guess I kind of stayed that way, because I just don't communicate well. It was a wonder that Ashton and the others had befriended me, and heaven knows why, because I was so rude and sarcastic, and I lacked in personality.

I put on a pair of camouflage print jeans that cut off above my ankle, and a black t-shirt. I slipped on my nikes.

I heard a knock on the front door, so I tied my hair in a ponytail as I walked over to the door quickly. I swung the door open to reveal a curly haired Ashton.