Chapter 11

Kevin walked into the penthouse with a huge smile on his face, Todrick close behind.

Kevin ran into the kitchen, where Mitch was helping Avi make lunch.

He grabbed Mitch's shoulders excitedly, almost causing the poor Omega to scream in surprise.

Kevin smiled widely at him. "They want you to perform, Mitchie!"

Mitch put a hand over his heart. "You scared me!"

Avi turned around then, stilling his hands' movement with the sandwiches. "What are you talking about, Kevin?"

Kevin let go of Mitch and walked over to Avi quickly. "Todrick and I found that female Alpha setting up for her performance later. And she said she saw Mitchie dancing yesterday, and said he was the cutest thing she's ever seen! She wants him to go on stage with her tonight!"

Scott walked into the kitchen then. Half because of Kevin's shouting, and half because of Mitch's fear.

He tapped Mitch on the shoulder. "What's going on in here?"

Kevin flipped around. "Beyoncé asked me to ask Mitchie if he'd perform with her tonight! Isn't that great?! She said he was the cutest thing she's ever seen!"

Scott didn't smile though. "And she's an Alpha?"

"Yes. But she has an Omega, so you don't have to worry."

Avi shook his head and continued what he was doing with the sandwiches. "You can't be serious. Mitchell can't even talk to people, let alone sing in front of them. He's more of a one-on-one person, ya know."

Mitch nodded, but Scott huffed. "That was kind of mean. I'm sure he'd be fine."

Mitch shook his head at him and poked Scott's arm. "No, thank you. He's right. Please don't make me.."

Kevin frowned at him. "No one's going to make you do anything. I just.. I'm sorry, I thought it would be cool."

Todrick found Kirstie sitting in front of a board game, and smiled at her. "What's up?"

"I was playing a game with the other Alpha. Is everything okay in there?"

"Yeah. I'll play with you if you want."

"Only if you promise not to be too much of a genius."

********

And that night, when the pack went out to the beach, Scott never left Avi's side.

As they neared the stage where the performances were hosted, Mitch got increasingly more nervous.

Kevin waved at Beyoncé, who was standing beside the stage.

She waved back, and motioned for them to walk over.

All six of them walked towards her, and her eyes immediately found Mitch.

She smiled at him. "Hello, darling. And who might you be?"

Mitch moved closer to Scott's side, almost like a child hugging their mother's leg. "Mitch.." He warned quietly.

Beyoncé smiled and reached a hand out towards him. "Come here, hun. You don't have to be afraid of me."

Mitch hesitated, and then reached a shaky hand out towards her.

She gently pulled him away from Scott, and gave him a small hug. "My name is Beyoncé. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mitch! I was wondering, if you'd like to come on stage with me tonight? If you're nervous, you can just stay for a song or two. It's up to you. And you definitely don't have to if you don't want to. But I think the crowd would absolutely adore you!"