Chapter 51

Scott ran into his room, seeing Mitch sitting on the edge of the bed with his face in his hands.

Scott sat down next to him, pulling him into his embrace before setting his head on top of Mitch's, running his hand up and down Mitch's back. "What's wrong, Sunshine?"

Mitch shook his head, his crying getting a little louder.

Scott closed his eyes, hating the sound of his baby crying. "Hush, baby. It's okay. Don't cry. Just tell Alpha what's wrong."

Mitch held up a small black box, and Scott's heart nearly stopped.

Scott froze. "Where did you get that?"

"It was sitting on the bathroom counter. I shouldn't have opened it... But it looked like such a weird box... Why.. Do you have this? What made you change your mind?" He asked sadly.

Scott moved away just enough to meet Mitch's eyes. "I didn't change my mind. I'm just waiting for the moment to be perfect. Why are you crying? This is going to be one of the best days of your life."

Mitch shook his head, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. "The.. The ring... It's so pretty. But the box... Alpha, how long have you been holding on to this?"

Scott smiled a little. "Quite a while..."

"Why haven't you just... Asked me? What's taking so long? Are you unsure about it? Did I do something wrong? Is there something you--?"

"Mitchie. Stop that. There's nothing wrong. I'm just waiting for it to be perfect. You'll see. Why are you.. Is that why you're crying? You think I changed my mind?" Scott asked finally.

Mitch tried to wipe his eyes again, but started crying instead. "I just feel so bad! When I first saw it, I didn't think it was for me. And that's when I first started to cry. But then I saw.. The little engraving on it. And I-- I just lost it. When I tried to look away, I finally saw the hole you punched in the wall a while back, and then I just couldn't stop."

Scott rubbed his back again. "I'm sorry. That's my fault. Are you okay now?"

Mitch shrugged, wiping his eyes again.

Scott ducked down to kiss him, while simultaneously brushing tears off of his face.

Scott then peppered kisses all over Mitch's face, mumbling words in between each kiss. "No.. More tears.. I.. Love.. You.."

Mitch smiled, sniffling a little. "You're so sweet."

Scott smiled back, his hands on Mitch's shoulders now. "God, I love you. More than you'll ever know."

"Well, I love you too. Are you still wearing your...?"

Scott grinned and pulled the necklace out from under his shirt. "Always, baby."

Mitch giggled and held his up too. "Look! Me too. I 'always' too."

Scott smiled at his innocent speaking. "You 'always' too?"

Mitch nodded, but then gasped. "You have to get back to your meeting."

Scott nodded, standing from the bed, but not before snatching the ring box from Mitch's hands.

He heard the doorbell ring while he was walking through the hallway.

Scott groaned loudly. "Kevin. I don't wanna."

He heard Kevin's laugh through the door. "If you really want me to, I'll--"

"Stop being nice!" Scott shook his head, walking to the front door anyways.