Doubt

When we return from the kissing rock, so many thoughts are racing through my mind. I have a consuming urge in my body to tell Alison how I feel. And suddenly, without thinking, I pull back her arm and blurt out "I love you!"
A look of shock appears on Ali's face. She looks confused, and taken aback at what I've just said.
Quickly, almost like lightning, I let go of her arm and run away from her. I run as fast as I can, pushing through trees and branches. But then, a sharp branch scrapes against my face and cuts me. I still don't stop though, and carry on running away from Alison.
I can't believe I just said that... Why do I have to be so stupid? I've probably ruined our friendship now, and I'll be a loser again!
I run all the way back from the forest, and towards home. When I get there, my mom is bustling round the house trying to find her purse and keys.
"Em, I'm going out to dinner with Ella. I'll be back late tonight so many you want someone to stay over? Let me know" She says, barely looking at me so she doesn't realise the bleeding scar on my face...
She air-kisses me goodbye and then gets into the car. After she's gone, I stand in front of the hallway mirror for a while, contemplating my life, and cleaning up the cut on my face.
I still can't believe I told Ali I loved her.... I'm SO stupid sometimes! I wish I could just erase the last hour and go back to how our friendship was.
Out of nowhere, the doorbell rings which makes me jump. I figure it's just my mom, she's probably left behind her lipstick or something. But, when I open the door, I see Alison. She's out of breath from chasing after me, and she looks flustered.
As soon as I see her, my face goes red with shame and I can't even look at her...
"Em, I'm sorry for stopping like that. It's just that you... Well, you took me by suprise.. I had no idea you felt that way about me..." She tells me.
"Yeah, well enjoy your new piece of knowledge... Maybe you can send out a mass text and let the whole school know?!" I reply sarcastically.
"WOW, EM" She says angrily. "After all this time, you really think I would just turn my back on you like that?! You must really have no faith in me!"
"Well, it's not like you feel the same way about me! And you have a reputation, Alison!" I say.
"How do you know I don't feel the same way about you?" She says softly.
There's a moments silence, where Ali looks at me... I can't figure out how she feels though, was she joking? Or not? I just don't know...
And then, when the moments over, Alison slams the door shut and presses me against the wall, kissing me. When she pulls away, she whispers in my ear "I love you too, Em" and then she starts kissing me again. I lead her up to my room and push her down onto the bed.
We kiss passionately and whisper to eachother "I love you" over and over again...