Chapter 13

Outfit that Vera wears at the dock.
~~~~~~~~~~

Vera's pov

After the lunch fiasco with Bethany the rest of the day went by in a breeze and I found myself sitting on an empty dock at the beach. For some reason no one was at the beach today probably because it was so windy. I had gone home and changed into warmer clothes before coming to the beach so I was good.

You could feel the winter setting in and see the leave falling of trees. It was still kind of warm on some days but other like today it was windy and a little chilly but I liked this kind of weather. I mean of course I wouldn't go swimming right now because the water would probably be freezing so I just sat alone on the quiet dock.

"You really shouldn't sit so close to the edge" someone said from behind me. I turned my head and smiled. I motioned for him to come sit next to me on the dock.

"Hey what's up I thought be at your house by now" I asked while Ryder sat down next to me and looked out at the water with me.

"So what are you doing all the way out here" Ryder asked while wrapping his arms around me. I cuddled into his chest and let his warmth surround me.

"I could ask you the same thing" I said while smirking even though I knew he couldn't see it.

"I guess I just wanted to come back to the dock where we met." Ryder said while hugging me tighter.

"Oh god I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember I was giving my goldfish a send of in a little plastic box." I said while smiling.

"Yup and you were wearing a cute little black dress and everything. Poor fish barley lived. I remember I was watching you and you saw me so you. Asked if I wanted to be a part of the send of, what was the goldfish's name again." Ryder asked while resting his chin on the top of my head.

"Silver tooth" I said while laughing.

"I never understood why you named it that" Ryder said.

"Well back then and even now I thought gold was an ugly color so I named him silver because I loved shinny stuff. " I said while letting a breath.

"Oh okay but why tooth." He asked still confused.

"Well around the time I got Mr. Sliver tooth I had lost my first tooth so I out the two together and named him Mr. Silver tooth." I said while laughing at the memory.

We sat there in silence for a while longer until Ryder decided to I interrupt it.

"Alright well let's go you have to get ready for a party and I'd rather not let you sit out here and get sick so let's go V" Ryder said while standing up and helping me up after. We both walked in silence to our cars and said goodbye before heading to our houses.

Once I got inside I changed into some pjs and grabbed a bag of chips and turned on some teen wolf and started watching while eating. After one episode I stood up to go get a glass of water when there was a knock on the door. I walked throw the hall to the front door to see Edward had already opened the door and was talking to the person who I couldn't see because his 6'1 figure was hiding the person.

I shrugged and grabbed a water bottle and walked back into the living room. I laid down and turned on the next episode.

"Should,not you be getting ready for the party" Ethan asked while come in get lifting up my head. He said down and placed it in his lap while stroking my hair.

"Why would I need to get ready now I have like an hour left" I said while stuffing my face with chips.

"Jesus a kindergartener can eat cleaner then you can" Ethan said while ruffling my hair. I playfully glared while slapping his shoulder and pushing his hand away.

"Shut up" I said while stuffing my face with more chips.

"I know you have an hour but don't girls usually take like 3 hours to get ready." He asked while looking down at me.

"Only the ones who actually try" I said while focusing my attention back on the tv.

"Plus I know what I'm wearing." I said while taking a sip of my water and offering some chips to Ethan who gladly ate some.

"Really what" he asked while taking a sip from my water bottle I me an he didn't even water fall he drank directly from the top.

"You know we just indirectly kissed" I said while tipping the water bottle further up so that a lot went into his mouth and some water fell over his face. I laughed at his reaction but stopped as soon as I saw him coming closer to tip the bottle of water over my head.

"No please don't I don't wanna get wet" I said while pushing y,self away from him. He smirked while coming closer to me. I tried to stand up but he moved quicker then me and eventually I ended up underneath him.

I tried pushing him of but it didn't work and eventually I ended up with getting the bottle pored over my head. I looked at him with a playful glare.

He made no move to get of mr but instead reached down to my face and moved a wet price of hair out of my face. My face started heating up while my gaze moved down to his lips then back to his eyes. He used one hand to cup my face and started leaning in. I kept my eyes open but started to lean in as well until someone coughed.

I immediately pushed Ethan off and stood up while brushing the hair out of my face. At this point both me and Ethan had about 3 yards of space between us.

"Vera Mason is on the line he wish to speak to you" Edward said while staring at both me and Ethan with a knowing look. I brushed of the awkward tension in the room and walked away from Ethan.

"Alright um thanks I guess" I said while taking the phone and walking to the hallway.

"Hey Mason what's up" I asked.

"Oh I was wonder are you going to that party at Matt Knights house" Mason asked.

"Yeah oh I forgot to ask you if wanted to come" I said.

"Like a date" he asked, I giggled and shook my head before realizing that he couldn't see me.

"No um Ryder and Ethan are coming to so I was going to ask if you wanted to but I must have lost track of time." I said while laughing.

"Oh okay then um yeah I'd love to come with you guys" he said while laughing from the other line.

"Sure see you there bye" I said while hanging up the phone not waiting for a reply. I walked back into the living room where Ethan was no longer and Edward was cleaning up the mess we made. I walked over to him a don handed him the phone and helped clean up the mess.

After that was done I sat back down and continued the episode of teen wolf before I had to get ready for the party.