Chapter 22

Vera's pov

It had been a day since the game between me and Ethan had began. Of course I hadn't seen him but I was bound to today. Or at least I think, both me and Ryder were going surfing. I know crazy right, especially in this freezing weather, but we thought the colder the better. This would make it more memorable.

Pretty much anyone with free time would hang out on the beach during the break. Whether it was on the board walk, boating or just walking down the beach. Everyone found the need to come to the beach at least once during the break no matter the weather.

I chose a purple bikini with black bottoms. I threw on my white cover up before grabbing my surf suit and beach bag. Being at Ryder's house really limited my choices on bikinis but this one was good to. I walked out of the room once I was ready.

"Alright the boards have already been loaded onto the car" Ryder said while practically jumping up and down in excitement.

"Then what are we waiting for" I said while running out of the house.

I let Ryder drive since I didn't feel like it today. We blasted the radio while driving and danced around in our seats. Tomorrow was Thanksgiving and we would have to arrive early in order to spend the day with everyone. Once we got to the beach Ryder grabbed our boards and I grabbed the towels and my bag. We had brought a little cooler with snacks for the day so I took that too.

I had made sure to pack myself and Ryder some warm clothes for after we were done surfing. I knew the two of us would want to eat a lot after we were done and I didn't feeling like walking into a restaurant in a bikini.

"Last one to the beach is a rotten egg" Ryder yelled before running towards the beach. I laughed before jogging after him. Obviously he got there first since he had gotten a head start. We set up a small place for the two of us and put on our surfing suits before heading for the water. The sun warmed us up some but no doubt the water would be freezing cold.

As soon as my feet came in contact with the water I jumped at the sudden drop of warmth. Non the less I continued on heading further and deeper into the water after Ryder. Both of us mounted our boards and started catching waves one by one.

I have to say I wasn't the best surfer but I was defiantly better than Ryder. I don't know if it was the cold water but he was not on his game today. Occasionally we wouldn't take breaks and eat the sandwiches that we had made along with the other snacks and drinks. Once I finished eating my sandwich I had a little bit of mayonnaise left on my hand so I whipped it on Ryder's surf suit before running away towards he water.

I was so close to getting away when I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull me back into him. I let out a little shriek while kicking my feet since my feet lifted off the ground a little bit.

"That wasn't very nice" Ryder said before running into the water and dropping me into it. The cold water froze me to the core as I got out.

"You suck Ryder" I said while smiling before getting out of the water and walking over to our stuff. I whipped my wet cold hands on my dry towel before pulling my phone out and checking for any texts.

I saw a couple texts but one caught my eye, it was from Ethan.

Ethan- Crazy idea!

Ethan- Wanna continue that adventure we never got to finish the night of Ryder's house warming party?

Me- Depends on what you had in mind.

I was surprised when he answered almost immediately.

Ethan- My cousin Jamie is over and wanted to do something we used to do a while back. I thought, why not ask you to join.