Prologue

Horses screamed and metal clanged. A fire roared, eating up everything in its path.

Zarreil whirled around, trying to block the sword that arched toward his neck. Fire danced in his eyes, reflecting the flames around him. He embraced the fire, willed it to grow and consume, to protect her.

He felt Fian, sensed where the stallion was, galloping through the flames. His mane and tail were blazing with the fire, alighting his enemies aflame. Men screamed, and through the smoke Zarreil glimpsed a storm raging. Lightening cracked, and the falling rain formed a wall. He could see Connor and Ashen mounted on Villi, galloping towards the city. They were safe.

He sighed, the power of the flames too much for him. He blocked a few strikes and delivered a few of his own, but it was too much. Fian lent him strength, and he used it to set fire to his sword, cutting down the men attacking him.

Suddenly he felt a prick in his neck. He reached up and pulled out a dart. Throwing it to the ground, he raised his sword to continue fighting. Before he could, he felt Fian's life force flicker and fade. A searing pain ripped through his whole being, and he screamed as his bond shattered. He felt so empty, so broken. Flames burst around him, and instead of running from them, he let them lick across his body. He didn't feel them burning his skin; he was numb. As the fire reached his chest, everything slowly faded to black.

Hey Everyone! It's been awhile! So, To Kill a King, now Eye of the Storm, has undergone major plot changes since I was last updating. This is the new prologue, and everything will be different, so please read all the chapters even if you had read the old ones. I will not be updating regularly until August or September, but then I will be updating every Tuesday or every other Tuesday. I hope you enjoy, and please push the little star that is a vote. And I would love to hear from anyone who reads this. 

Happy Wattpadding!