Chapter 3

I wake up and realize that its the first day of school. I groan and get out of bed. I go into Olivia's room to wake her up. But she's not there.

I go downstairs and she's watching spongebob. "Time to get ready for school.", I tell her. "Okay", she replies.

She goes upstairs and comes down about 10 minutes later in her uniform.
Already in first grade. My little sister is growing up too fast...

"Do you want me to straighten your hair?", I ask her. "Okay!", she says back, smiling. I go upstairs and realize that I'm gonna have to walk her to her bus stop.

I get out the straightener and do her hair in about 30 minutes.

I tell her to go back downstairs and watch spongebob while I get ready and to lock the front and back doors until I'm done.

I go upstairs. First day of highschool.
Whoopdeedoo. I get dressed in my uniform, which consists of a red and black plaid skirt, a white blouse, and a black headband. I have long, blonde hair that is naturally straight and a really nice tan. Well, in MY opinion I do.

I'm about 5ft 5in and I think that's about a normal height for my age.

I slip on my white knee high socks and my black dress shoes (they're flats, not heels).

I go downstairs and make Olivia and I some waffles. I tell her to come to the table and eat. When she's done, I tell her to grab her bookbag while I grab mine.

We walk outside and see that its raining. I tell her to stay on the porch while I go inside and grab my black umbrella with blue stripes.

I go back outside and give her the umbrella so that she doesn't have to share with me.

I know that if you come into school looking messy and gross its an automatic detention. But I'd rather do that than get Olivia soaked.

I drop her off at her bus stop. "Stay out of the street, don't talk to strangers, don't touch stray animals, and if anyone asks I you want to see their puppy, or if you want ice cream or candy, say no. We have plenty of that stuff at home. Have a great day Livy and I love you.", I say. I walk over to her, give her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "If anyone bullies you tell them that your dad's in the army and that your sister is 14 and knows karate, okay?", I ask. She nods her head and looks down at the ground. "Olivia, what's wrong?", I ask frowning. "What if the teachers ask about my bruises again?", she says, looking terrified.

"Just tell them that you were on the playground... and you..... fell off the slide...", I tell her in a soft tone.

"Kay.", she says. "Love you, baby girl. Have a great day. You'll be just fine.", I say as I walk away. I go to my bus stop and notice that my bus was supposed to be here 5 minutes ago. Or I was supposed to be here five minutes ago...

I take off running down the street and turn left. I run for about 6 minutes and turn left again. Next time I turn right then keep going straight until I see my school. I stop for a minute to catch my breath when I hear the bell. I sprint off towards the steps and begin my highschool journey...