Chapter 4

I sit in my math class listening to my teacher explain how to open a locker and where to put your books when you come into class.

About 20 minutes later the bell rang. I got up and walked outside to my locker. After putting in my combination, I grab my science book and my notebook. When I closed my locker, I turned around and saw someone looking at me. "What happened to your face, if you don't mind me asking.", said a tall boy. He was about 2 inches taller than me and had really nice biceps. I mean, um...arms...

"I... Um... Ran into a........wall?", I answered, questioning my own response.

"Your lying.", he said, squinting his eyes a little bit. "I have to get to class.", I say walking around him, but he blocks my way and looks at me for about 5 seconds. "What?", I ask, looking at the floor. "I'm sorry, but I've NEVER seen someone so beautiful before...", he said looking into my eyes.

"Ummm...thanks but I really need to get to class.", I say. "Okay, I'll see you around, uhhhh...", he said. He wanted to know my name." Brooklynn.", I answer him.

"My name is Connor.", he says. I nod, bite my lip and walk to class.

After science is lunch. When I realize this, I also realize that I didn't bring my lunch and I don't have any money. I sit down at a table and am ready to go hungry for the rest of the day. We won't get any food at home.

While I'm away in my thoughts, I realize that someone is sitting next to me. Connor. "Hey.", he says with a smile. "Um...hi.", I reply. We sit there for a minute until he asks me where my lunch is. I tell him that I forgot to pack one and that I don't have any money. He hands me a five dollar bill and tells me to go get something.

I say thanks and go up into the line. I decide on a salad, an apple, and a bread roll.

I go over to the table and sit back down. Nothing really happens...