Part Nine

The ground beneath Jimin began to crack and leak bright rays of light.

Knowing it was time to wake up and re-enter reality, he took a deep breath and allowed the bright light deliver him back into the real world.

The light pierced through Jimin's closed eyes, he tried to shelter his sensitive eyes by covering them with his hands although once again the bright lights won the fight and burned through.

Jimin's head was heavy and aching, throbbing more than his heart could beat. As he began to regain consciousness the bright blinding lights had dimmed, making his mind dark with colourful lights swirling endlessly, he felt as if he were falling through an endless dark void compressing his body never to reach the ground.

'Jimin!' A muted voice yelled, but it was condensed to a whisper through Jimin's muted ears.

Namjoon yanked off the cords which were connected to his body and called out to Jimin who laid on a metal hospital bed also connected to wires, cords, and contraptions feeding him unusually coloured liquid.

The cords linked together, connecting Namjoon and Jimin's brains.

'Jimin! Can you hear me?' Namjoon yelled as he quickly stood up and made his way to Jimin's side.

The room was empty except for the bed, the chair Namjoon sat in, a cupboard with medical supplies and a fridge for blood bags, as well as a few tables with trays full of more medical supplies. All the doctors, nurses, and the boss man himself were gone. The red emergency lights strobed and flickered meaning that something had happened, something went wrong in that part of the hospital. A mirror wall faced the bed and chair giving Namjoon the strange feeling of being watched.

Jimin began to move his body and groan. Namjoon unstrapped the restraints holding Jimin down and lightly shook his shoulders.

'Jimin!' Namjoon said as he slapped his cheek as an attempt to wake him up faster, 'Jimin, can you hear me?' Jimin continued to groan and move uncomfortably. Namjoon shook with nerves, the bright flashing light caused his blood to rise, his hungry fangs twitched and chattered as he paced beside Jimins hospital bed. Out of frustration he knocked down the drip bag and glared down at Jimin.

He was hungry.

Trapped in the sewers for months on end without a trace of blood caused his hunger to ferociously boil over.

He bit his lip hard and pushed the bed away before yanking the mini fridge door off in the cupboard beneath all the medical supplies. His eyes darted before his desperate hands gripped a tight hold of a blood bag full of chilled blood, with his teeth he yanked off the cap and sucked the bag dry.

Jimin awoke to the silent alarm blaring and sat up in a quick daze, his head was spinning, the flashing red lights didn't help with his dizziness either.

'Namjoon?' Jimin groaned as he rubbed his eyes, 'did it work? Did I kill them?' He asked before his eyes rested on Namjoon slurping on a blood bag, Jimin reeled back almost falling off the side of his bed. His hazy eyes weren't certain of the view before him.

'What are you doing?' He asked with a frightened voice.

Namjoon quickly threw the bag to the side and wiped the blood from his mouth, 'You don't know me, I told you that. But we need to get out of here.'

Jimin lifted his body from the hospital bed and untangled himself from the cords before returning to Namjoon's side as they ran towards the only exit from the room, a large thick metal door.

'He loves his fucking metal doors,' Namjoon spat as he stepped back, 'but he doesn't know the extent to my strength. I've only allowed him to see the bare minimum.' Namjoon smirked before resting his eyes on the thick metal door.