Part Eight

As the elevator ascended the lights beyond the metal bars shone through and blinded them both.

A loud ringing only grew louder and pierced their eardrums almost to the point of bursting them, Jimin and Namjoon attempted to block the sound and blinding light by squeezing their eyes to a hard close and covering their ears as hard as they could. But the overwhelming piercing lights and sounds seeped through their barricades and knocked Jimin out completely.

Namjoon watched as his body fell to the floor, he quickly dropped to his knees to comfort him. Although this was all in his head, the pain felt within the realm was as real as ever.

He snapped his eyes to the arrow pointing to the top floor, the elevator came to a stop before the light lit up the arrow pointing down. Without a second to fear the elevator then plummeted towards the ground, if such a thing even existed.

Namjoon steadied his body and squeezed his eyes shut, bracing for the hard crash at the bottom.

The elevator then slowed and came to a sudden stop. Namjoon reopened his eyes as the elevator bars slid open to a dark room with the moonlight shining through the only two windows. There was enough dim moonlight in the room to make out one couch, a table with four chairs, a small kitchen area, a single bed, and a bathroom door.

Jimin groaned and his eyes fluttered open, his eyes slowly rolled backwards and forwards as well as side to side as an attempt to reawaken.

Namjoon pinched and lightly slapped Jimin's face, attempting to wake him up faster.

'Jimin, come on wake up!' Namjoon said through gritted teeth, trying to whisper.

He noticed a few dark shadows flittering about in the room, strange noises were heard, the sound of static and running water as well as echoing laughter.

'Jimin!' Namjoon urged, 'don't leave me hanging!'

Jimin coughed himself awake, the ringing was still heard in his ears causing his mind to spin and ache.

'Did...' He began as he cleared his throat, 'did it work?'

Namjoon shook his head and stood up, nudging Jimin's arm, ending up helping him to his feet.

'Where are we?' Jimin asked as he squinted into the darkness, allowing his eyes to adjust.

'The darkest depths.' Namjoon gulped lightly.

'The...darkest....where?' Jimin said as his nerves began to boil.

'The darkest depths of your mind, where your most dreaded feelings and emotions dwell.' Namjoon said as he took a step out of the elevator.

Jimin's eyes travelled across the room, 'This is my apartment,' he began as he looked all around, 'my old apartment.'

The bathroom door creaked to an open, slicing through the silence and pouring more light into the room. The sound of sloshing water in the bathtub and the sound of struggle was heard before a flare of orange and yellow flaming light burned through the door before it died back down to silence, Jimin glanced at Namjoon who's face was sad.

'Is this where-'

'I tried to kill myself.' Jimin cut him off.