Part Twelve

Blood smeared across the cold metal walls and dripped, it was fresh.

Namjoon's hungry eyes searched the room, the overwhelming smell of metallic blood smelt heavenly, sending his mind into swirls of bliss with every inhale he took.

'What is that!' Jimin's voice cracked, he raised a frightened hand and pointed at the hospital bed across the room, it poured with blood and a lifeless body of a largely built man hung off it.

Namjoon stepped around the body of a young girl now in a red stained patients uniform with her stomach gouged out. The blood beneath his shoes sloshed eerily, taunting him as the red lights continued to strobe and the smell of blood lingered.

Namjoon looked at the mangled body that laid awkwardly on the bed and sighed, 'He's the doctor.'

With nerves creeping fast and tightening his throat, Jimin struggled to breath at the overwhelming sight before him.

'Is that...a chainsaw?' Jimin gulped.

Namjoon turned around and looked at the ground, Jimin wasn't mistaken, 'Yeah, it is.' Namjoon said with a serene voice.

Jimin entered the room and with a sad expression he passed the girl with her stomach torn to shreds.

'What happened in here?' Jimin asked as his voice shook.

Namjoon shook his head, 'I'm not sure.'

The doctors glass eye watched him cross the room and follow Namjoon into the next.

Jimin was taken aback and struck with nerves as he saw a row of giant tanks lining the walls, he stopped in his tracks and his stomach dropped.

'Are they...p-patients?'

Namjoon nodded and turned his gaze back to Jimin.

Jimin followed behind and gawked in horror at the bodies floating amongst liquid with tubes, pipes, and wires connected to their bodies as well as inserted inside every opening.

'Is Jungkook in here?' Jimin managed to say as he watching the floating bodies.

'He should be,' Namjoon said as he turned back and glanced at Jimin before returning his eyes ahead of him, 'there isn't any other place in the hospital where he would have him.'

'Why can't you just tell me who he is?' Jimin demanded. Namjoon stopped just before another door and turned around.

'I just can't.'

'But why?' Jimin pushed.

'I can't even tell you why.' Namjoon sighed.

Namjoon walked further ahead in a huff, water beneath Jimin's shoes sloshed, he hadn't noticed the leaking water.

'Hey...' Jimin began as he walked towards a broken tank, 'this one is smashed.'

Glass cracked beneath his feet and water slowly continued to pour. Namjoon walked back and examined the tank.

'This happened recently.' he said as he looked at the water continuing to travel towards the drains.

'Who was in here? What was in here?' Jimin dared to ask.

Namjoon shook his head and made his way to another door, 'I don't know, but whatever it was it isn't there anymore.'

'Is that bad?' Jimin swallowed a ball of saliva as he stepped around a nurses bleeding body, examining her wounds. Her throat was ripped to shreds.

Namjoon extended his hand to the nurses corpse which laid on the floor and gestured his hand to the blood over the walls and to the doctor on the hospital bed in the other room, 'You tell me.' He said sarcastically.

Jimin averted his eyes and rested them on the smashed tank.

How could people do this?

The flashing red lights came to an abrupt stop and the white lights turned back on, lighting up the room.

'What happened?' Jimin said as he shot his eyes around the room.

Namjoon stepped back and looked blankly at the lights, 'Someone just turned off the emergency lights and silent alarm.'

Namjoon opened the next door and Jimin followed behind.

'They're close.'

Photo credit: www.historyofgaming.com